Cyclist killed by hit and run driver; citizen pursues....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hispanic male, hit and run, fled the scene, abandoned the vehicle. . . .one could be forgiven for thinking another illegal alien just got away with murder.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Paid cash for the car, no driver's license, no insurance, stolen plate, drive it til you wreck it, then run. Lather, rinse, repeat.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sanctuary policies for the win... keep electing Democrats, folks. And not like they don’t get their fair share of help from too many RINOs.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Killing the Colts player Edwin Jackson earlier this year wasn't enough?

If the driver's still in the wind, no way to find if intoxication is a factor, as it often is with the "undocumented's".

It'll be interesting to see Joe Donnelly and Joe Hogsett's reaction to the second possible citizen killed by an illegal this year. :dunno:

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The second cyclist did not “chase him down”, he chased him. And the fat man got away from the cyclist. I guess the clip in shoes are hard to run in

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The second cyclist did not “chase him down”, he chased him. And the fat man got away from the cyclist. I guess the clip in shoes are hard to run in

It wasn't a cyclist that gave chase. It was someone in a car. They were showing video from his phone or dash cam on WTHR this morning and interviewed him.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Oh, I read that wrong then. I wondered how he was recording. If dash cam should have been recording the whole time.

i am beyond sick of the Hispanic hit and run. My wife was in a car in 2002 speared by a drunk illegal Merging onto 65 south downtown. Two of the guys ran, another guy was too drunk and badly injured to run :xmad:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh, I read that wrong then. I wondered how he was recording. If dash cam should have been recording the whole time.

i am beyond sick of the Hispanic hit and run. My wife was in a car in 2002 speared by a drunk illegal Merging onto 65 south downtown. Two of the guys ran, another guy was too drunk and badly injured to run :xmad:

Come to think of it I believe he was using his phone because when the hit and run driver bailed, he kept recording after he left his car and you could hear him yelling to bystanders, "Hey! That guy just killed someone!" Apparently he had ahold of him at one point, and the guy was snagged on a barbwire fence, but he couldn't hang on and the bad guy fell on the other side of the fence and got away.

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    The chaser is a cyclist. He is a bike messenger. And I know this seems hard to understand for a lot of drivers, but just cause someone is on a bike doesn't mean they don't own a car. I've been told countless times while riding that "I don't have a right to the road cause I don't pay for them".

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Come to think of it I believe he was using his phone because when the hit and run driver bailed, he kept recording after he left his car and you could hear him yelling to bystanders, "Hey! That guy just killed someone!" Apparently he had ahold of him at one point, and the guy was snagged on a barbwire fence, but he couldn't hang on and the bad guy fell on the other side of the fence and got away.
    yeah, looking again I see the recording in the car changes angles a bit. He must have been trying to hold his phone up the whole time.

Near the end of the recording a bystander asks the pursuer something, and pursuer says "no I'm not armed"

I am glad the citizen tried to catch the bad guy and might be able to help ID him at some point. But pursuing him on foot presented more issues. You don't want to end up killed and you don't want to end up like George Zimmerman. Doing the right thing is risky business.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It wasn't a cyclist that gave chase. It was someone in a car. They were showing video from his phone or dash cam on WTHR this morning and interviewed him.

I just saw the video on Fox 59 and viewed again at their website. 2:15 and appears unedited. A few thoughts:

CALL THE POLICE!!

Baddie knew video guy was following, this could've gone really bad (1:17 pulling onto busy street; 1:34 when the black 2-door crossed the alley. I saw that car and thought of a couple really bad scenarios, t-bone the Monte Carlo was one thought. Monte Carlo guy was an associate of hit and run guy was another.)

CALL THE POLICE!!!

Baddie bails out in a secluded area and is grabbing something from the backseat. All you got is adrenaline, a smartphone, and you're wearing sandals. Getting the hell out of Dodge seems like an option to me (J-turn AKA a Jim Rockford). That would be even better if you'd CALLED THE POLICE!!

Did I mention, CALL THE POLICE!!??

Female bicyclist killed in hit-and-run near University of Indianapolis | FOX59

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I just saw the video on Fox 59 and viewed again at their website. 2:15 and appears unedited. A few thoughts:

CALL THE POLICE!!

Baddie knew video guy was following, this could've gone really bad (1:17 pulling onto busy street; 1:34 when the black 2-door crossed the alley. I saw that car and thought of a couple really bad scenarios, t-bone the Monte Carlo was one thought. Monte Carlo guy was an associate of hit and run guy was another.)

CALL THE POLICE!!!

Baddie bails out in a secluded area and is grabbing something from the backseat. All you got is adrenaline, a smartphone, and you're wearing sandals. Getting the hell out of Dodge seems like an option to me (J-turn AKA a Jim Rockford). That would be even better if you'd CALLED THE POLICE!!

Did I mention, CALL THE POLICE!!??

Female bicyclist killed in hit-and-run near University of Indianapolis | FOX59

Yeah I thought that also. But in the limited time he had, he could not follow, record, and call the police unless he had the equipment to do so (ie a shoulder radio or maybe the right bluetooth setup).

I am glad he wasn't hurt and I hope it helps in ID'ing the jerk.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    When in the video the pursuer says "I'm not armed" I thought it came out kind of naturally like "I'm not armed at the moment" rather than from someone who for the first time thought about being armed.

Looks like he was an MP and armorer in the army: https://www.facebook.com/johnscottharris

He also claims the driver ran with a backpack of marijuana. I have nothing against weed. But if you are carrying some, it would be a good time to drive carefully not stupidly.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah I thought that also. But in the limited time he had, he could not follow, record, and call the police unless he had the equipment to do so (ie a shoulder radio or maybe the right bluetooth setup).

I am glad he wasn't hurt and I hope it helps in ID'ing the jerk.
    Having two in the car (one driving, one working comm and video) would be a better option but isn't always available. Smartphones are actually computers you can use to make phone calls, so calling 911 is often more difficult and hitting record on video. 911 = GPS is something to always remember. Looking at my phone I can go from calling 911 to speaker phone to video pretty easy, if I'm not driving. I'd do good to get either going while following a hit and run driver.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I am glad he wasn't hurt and I hope it helps in ID'ing the [STRIKE]jerk[/STRIKE] Son-of-a-*****, Ass hole, Murderer:xmad: (take your pick).

FIFY

Top Bottom