State contractor exploring plan to add more tolls to Indiana, including 465.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    State contractor exploring plan to add more tolls to Indiana interstates, including 465 | FOX59

A strategic plan that could clear the way for Indiana to add tolls to its interstate highways, including inside the I-465 loop in Indianapolis, is being developed by a state contractor.

The state just signed a $9.6 million contract with HNTB Indiana Inc. to study the impact of tolling and provide project planning if the state chooses to move forward with tolling

Would be unavoidable on my work route...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Those bike paths, round abouts, and delapadated train stations aren't going to be built/renovated by themselves. (Yep...INDOT money is being used to do parts of all of this stuff in Bedford).

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Its ****ing bull ****. I'm so sick of paying for someone's grand scheme, especially when they can't fix the roadways already in use.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Those bike paths, round abouts, and delapadated train stations aren't going to be built/renovated by themselves. (Yep...INDOT money is being used to do parts of all of this stuff in Bedford).

Here's an idea. Let's put toll booths on bike paths and bike lanes. Let the ones calling for those things pay for them.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Here's an idea. Let's put toll booths on bike paths and bike lanes. Let the ones calling for those things pay for them.

no kidding.

the city is widening the main road my neighborhood connects to. As part of the work, they are putting in a tunnel to connect the two sides of the roads in order to connect a bike path. I can't imagine how much $ is being invested when they could connect the paths by adding a crosswalk at the light that's a hundred yards down the road. absolute waste of $. our $.

-rvb

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    They raised gasoline tax, added a surtax to the license plates, and now they want more? Guess we have to get money from those out of state people who use our roads to get to other states.

Going to spend money on a ride-along lawyer for when I travel the 465 loop if they install blackmail booths so that when I run them I have instant representation for the upcoming lawsuit.

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    How many billions have we spent on the I-69 highway to nowhere ? Just the final section from Martinsville to Indianapolis is expected to be 1.6 BILLION. Also, there is no way they are spending 10 million dollars for a "study" and not go forward with the tolls.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How many billions have we spent on the I-69 highway to nowhere ? Just the final section from Martinsville to Indianapolis is expected to be 1.6 BILLION. Also, there is no way they are spending 10 million dollars for a "study" and not go forward with the tolls.
    I'd really like to see the breakdown of costs for that "study". For that kinda money, they shouldn't need to study. They should have the damned answers already, in addition to the way to finance it without additional taxes or tolls. If it's just information gathering, I'd be willing to make a few phone calls for a couple million. ;)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wow, 9 million and change for a study. Sounds like connected contractors making out very well on the gas tax.

Always follow the money.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Much spent for the use of a very few.

Always is. How many times does one ever squeak through narrowed streets with bike lanes on either side to hardly ever see a bike rider -- in good weather? Not to mention the 3-6 months per year it's too cold to ride, the rainy days, and night time. That's a lot of money and waste of resources and constant inconvenience for a handful of people.

That train depot move and rebuild is a boondoggle so far.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    What could HNTB do that could possibly justify a $9.6 million contract ? What’s the study designed to determine ? Pretty simple to do a daily traffic count and multiply by whatever amount to determine the revenue. Thereafter, I suppose an estimate of the cost of implementation and annualized expenses could be factored.

But what is the revenue to be used for ? The article is incomplete.

Top Bottom