Bodycam Shows Cop Shoot Fleeing Armed Suspect In Back, Confronted By Angry Crowd

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Looks bad. Crowd not real bright approaching this guy.
    yeah total mob scene made up of people who disrespect the police. I think one even hit or struck at the officer. He was a lot nicer to them than I think I would have been. Radio right to the nose for that tough guy.
    I hope they started confiscating all those *******s cell phones for evidence sake. Total lack of respect for authority. The mentality of the modern day sheep, stick a camera phone up and film. Screw helping anyone

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Personally I think if you are stupid enough to threaten an officer with a gun you're a target. Why would fleeing the scene with your weapon make you any less of a target. Free pass? You would still be a threat to those in your way. Right then and in the future.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If he was truly armed then the officer did his duty.

If what way? At what point did the guy become a fleeing felon? I don't presume to know all the details, but apparently the officer was there because of an open container violation. So we'll have to figure out exactly what was known to the officer at the time he shot the guy. It should be an interesting case for the litigators.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    He had a gun he pulled out and he was running could have easily made a motion to shoot at the officer or another civilian. **** that ****bag he got what he earned

yeah total mob scene made up of people who disrespect the police. I think one even hit or struck at the officer. He was a lot nicer to them than I think I would have been. Radio right to the nose for that tough guy.
    I hope they started confiscating all those *******s cell phones for evidence sake. Total lack of respect for authority. The mentality of the modern day sheep, stick a camera phone up and film. Screw helping anyone

I made a vague comment about it looking bad because I watched on a 2 inch screen so couldn't see much more than a guy running. My comment of the crowd not being too bright was based on (big)IF the officer was indeed out of control it's not too bright surrounding an armed man with.a.gun.that just shot someone no matter how manyof you there are.

I too was pissed at the lack of respect these douche bags showed for authority even after multiple other officers showed up. I also agree that if said douche nozzle did pull a gun (again I've only seen it on a miniature screen) the he most assuredly had it coming. Next case.

In the future I will endeavor to withhold comments until the last shred of e idence has been presented no matter how long that takes like all the other fine members of this community do. I'll have to find another form of exercise though since I'll no longer be jumping to conclusions.

forgive spelling and typing miscues, typing on a 2"sreen also.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wanda Ravernell echoed that sentiment. “A man running away wasn’t posing as much of a problem -- to me -- as the policeman who was shooting him,” she said.

That's is a complete bull**** statement, period. You have to read down to paragraph 17 to see he was shot (by a Police Chaplain of all people) and paragraph 20 to see this upstanding citizen was a convicted felon when the SFPD Padre shot him IN 2012!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wanda Ravernell echoed that sentiment. “A man running away wasn’t posing as much of a problem -- to me -- as the policeman who was shooting him,” she said.

That's is a complete bull**** statement, period. You have to read down to paragraph 17 to see he was shot (by a Police Chaplain of all people) and paragraph 20 to see this upstanding citizen was a convicted felon when the SFPD Padre shot him IN 2012!

It appeared to me that the area was fairly well populated when this occurred, and the guy shot was running down the sidewalk in a straight line. Risk to public v apprehending the guy. So look at it that way. Also, his we really can't look at the guys prior history, and then say "ok, so it's good shoot" after the fact. If the guy had a gun, then we need to know what information the officer had when he shot him. If the gun was in his hand, it's easier to justify the shoot... if the gun was concealed and holstered, then prohibited person or not, then the shooting becomes dicey.

Edit: reading the report here... https://sfdistrictattorney.org/site...enter/Documents/322-14th St. & Natoma St..pdf
    ...it says the officer saw he was carrying a gun, but it's so detailed, it gives me pause, to consider if it's completely honest, or "dressed up" a bit to make the encounter airtight.

Last edited:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I think you can hear the perp throw the gun down right as he is being shot. I am not going to say if he was right or wrong....but if the guy was pulling the gun out to throw, I would think it would be justified since the officer don't know it's being thrown, used, fake or real.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think you can hear the perp throw the gun down right as he is being shot. I am not going to say if he was right or wrong....but if the guy was pulling the gun out to throw, I would think it would be justified since the officer don't know it's being thrown, used, fake or real.

+1 as soon as the gun is inches hand, you don't really have time to consider intent.

Top Bottom