• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I have two outboard motors plus the standard riding lawn mower. I am reading more and more about how bad ethanol is for these engines. Is there a retailer that typically stock ethanol free gas ? Perhaps a Farm Bureau or . . . . . ? On the northwest side of Indy would be great but from what I’m reading, it would be worth it to travel a little to get ethanol free gas.

Thanks in advance

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If you have any marinas near you, they should have it. We have a few lakes near us so there are also gas stations that have it. When we were looking for some, I just googled ethanol free gas near me and it came up with a list of places that sold it.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Awesome - thanks !

The site is pretty good but call first. Generally any Countrymark station has the E free gas, including Noblesville and Tipton. Wise move to use it. My boat guys say E gas is the top driver of fuel system repairs.

Did is you know part of the E free cost is a tax peanalty for not containing E. I also use it in all my small engines, especially my Stihl saw.

M

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    E Free gas is the way to go on small engines, it's the only thing I buy anymore. Makes a world of difference in chainsaws. I know its expensive but its worth it in the long run.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At Country Mark, only the 91 octane gas is ethanol-free. The [STRIKE]81[/STRIKE]87, 89, and 93 octane-labeled fuels have 10% ethanol.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    At Country Mark, only the 91 octane gas is ethanol-free. The 81, 89, and 93 octane-labeled fuels have 10% ethanol.

One correction it is 87, not 81 octane. Share a few fuel points. Most E fuels base gasoline is 84, 86, and 90 octane before they add the high octane ethanol. E10 will undergo phase separation and water contamination in 90 days. After the E deterioration you lose 3 octane and many small engines will not run on the regular octane fuel. Most small engine fuel systems are not assembled with truly alcohol resistant parts. Nor do older vehicles have the alcohol resistant parts. Of you have a fun older vehicle run it on E free as much as possible and never store it with ethanol in the system.

M

Top Bottom