• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    ...... a small one but a Rhino none the less.

I was changing the hand grips on my sons bicycle right before I Ieft for work. He tried to slip them off but couldn't. So I grabbed my fairly new Gerber and proceeded to show my son the proper way to cut. "Always cut away from your body" I explained to him. I pointed the blade to my left and proceeded to hurriedly cut left to right. The blade took a foward turn, right across my fingers which were holding the bottom of the handle bar.

"MOM. DAD JUST CUT HIMSELF" screamed my son. She came out and asked what had I done. "I pulled a Rhino." She looked confused. I said I'd explain later. I squeezed them a little and the blood poured out. I knew it wasn't bad but I played it up a little. A quick wash and a bandaid and I finished his bike.

vEAzqUu.jpg

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yeah, my daughters a GS and she keeps wanting to take away my Whittling ****...nothing like a couple extra scars. You think there would be lessons learned from these episodes but apparently not.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When your name is used as a verb, that means the people know you. That's not a bad thing.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I referred in a thread on a different site once to "being lewinskied", so she's been verbed. At least by me. Interesting story I can't repeat here. My son was sharpening a knife once and rhinoed his thumb at full ER intensity. I think having a relative scale from, say, "cut myself shaving" to "bucket of blood" would be helpful by now.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I referred in a thread on a different site once to "being lewinskied", so she's been verbed. At least by me. Interesting story I can't repeat here. My son was sharpening a knife once and rhinoed his thumb at full ER intensity. I think having a relative scale from, say, "cut myself shaving" to "bucket of blood" would be helpful by now.

How about a 0.00 to 10.0 Rhino Self-Inflicted Wound Scale?

0.01 = barely noticeable scratch
    0.02 = visible blood
    0.03 = gusher
    0.04 = arterial spray
    0.05 = HOLY CRAP, that tourniquet isn't going to be enough
    1.00 = exsanguination
    2.00 = human extinction event
    3.00 = this has escalated pretty quickly
    4.00 = seriously, this sh** is out of hand
    5.00 = integrity of the space-time continuum is in jeopardy
    10.0 = the Gates of Hell have opened and unleashed unspeakable horrors plus a lot of blood

It's logarithmic, of course.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So one of former elite Indiana, but now incarcerated, residents inspiring "doing a Jared Fogel" is not a bad thing? :whistle:

Nobody says that... just sayin...

Now that we got that out of the way I was going more with the Reggie Jackson "fans don't boo nobodies" or maybe doing a Dreyer in Air Force terms. That's when you move forces into a foreign country without authorization. Now retired Colonel Dreyer was an old Special Ops helicopter pilot who was supporting an Embassy evacuation in western Africa, so he was decorated for this endeavor and everyone moved on.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Nobody says that... just sayin...

Now that we got that out of the way I was going more with the Reggie Jackson "fans don't boo nobodies" or maybe doing a Dreyer in Air Force terms. That's when you move forces into a foreign country without authorization. Now retired Colonel Dreyer was an old Special Ops helicopter pilot who was supporting an Embassy evacuation in western Africa, so he was decorated for this endeavor and everyone moved on.

Heck, those losers don't even have a logarithmic self-inflicted knife injury severity scale named after them. Everyone who is someone has a logarithmic self-inflicted knife injury severity scale named after them.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have a Jos. A Herder & Sons chef knife...made pre WWII from carbon steel. It will cut you so fast you won't feel a thing till you're pulling it out of the bone. I have developed great respect for that steel.

Top Bottom