• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Looks like another classic old TV show is going to be remade.
    (because modern hollywood people can't think of anything new, and want to cash in on past success)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADAeeJclFIU&feature=youtu.be

It may be a decent show. MAY... It won't stack up to the original, but it may be worth watching to see if it's mildly entertaining. I do like the reboot of Hawaii 5-0, and S.W.A.T. isn't too bad. (although it has a lot of liberal crap in there at times)

I don't like the casting of a metro pretty boy as Magnum. He's supposed to be the kind of guy you'd want to hang out with and buy a beer for. Not fond of the chick as (TC would say) "Higgy baby" either. Yeah, she's good looking, but she's just not the retired old world traveled bad ass that the original Higgins was. On it's own, it may have been a decent show (for the times), but it's just gonna suck because it is going to have to be compared to the original, and the original show had such a great cast. No comparison.

Side note: I wonder who the mandatory gay couple will be?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wonder if he will wear a Rolex GMT and drive a Ferrari? If so I may watch it and drool.

Edit: ok watched the video and YEP hes wearing a legit rolex gmt ref.1675 just like the original magnum and that alone has me. And the Ferrari check. Higgins is much better looking too

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I'll give it a chance.

I've seen some of the originals on TV more recently, and... well... for as much as I loved them back in the day, I'm not sure they really hold up to the test of time. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The original Higgins always had an old world, musty library sensuality about him.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I really like the original "Magnum PI", so I'll watch this new one when it comes out to see what it is.
    But I have no expectations that it will be as good as the original.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I’d be interested to see what Magnum would do if he encountered Ivan in the reboot.

Excedrin Headache number .45 ACP, again?

Top Bottom