• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Headed west for a couple weeks ain't been out the for about 8 years.. Sure has changed

Went on through Red lodge up the Bear tooth pass to Cooke City. Stopped in Yellowstone and the Tetons for a few nights too.

I was prepared for bear and sure glad I was. Saw about 10 Griz and Black bear. Spring-Summer got them moving good.

Packed my bear spray and my Super Redhawk Alaskan in .480 ruger for my last line of defense.

Nothing else like the Rockies, one day I'm moving back. Ain't no sense in hanging around here when there is so much to see there haha

PXQgJ5Z.jpg

GogbGdB.jpg

QYAzwyK.jpg

Picture doesn't do the cliff I was on justice.. 1000ft or more

15QmmOM.jpg

QSevEKt.jpg

Cooke City

8iagUoz.jpg

Artist Point

aLY8LJv.jpg

Eeq6y4b.jpg

YVEaJji.jpg

Kg5G9iD.jpg

.480 was my last option if the spray didnt work. They frown on using a firearm for defense out there, but if my life is on the line I ain't going without a fight

WBhqkwP.jpg

LLMnmYU.jpg

2G6Mqea.jpg

1ut2BrA.jpg

XKuvpxB.jpg

hIGEU6o.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Some beautiful scenery there!! Definitely worth seeing at least once in a lifetime but I've got lowlander blood in my veins (of the tropical coastal variety not the Scottish variety). Some of those lakes look like they had ice on them??

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    While I'm jello-us of the scenery you present... have been watching the masses flow north thru Jackson Hole last couple of weeks wondering if any of them have been to the Shipshewana Flea market on a Wednesday, cause they sure drive like it. For me there's too many peoples out there this time of year to spoil the view.

INgunner54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Beautiful. Pictures definitely don't do it justice. I've threatened to move out that way many times, but haven't pulled the trigger. So much more opportunity for adventure out there.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Thanks for sharing the pictures and hopefully you will add more. Beautiful ground to be out and exploring... been out that way once and would love to go back... be safe.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    Thanks.... I get out there about every 10 years, and I'm overdue, sigh... Last time Beartooth was closed most of the summer due to landslides. Remember the drive from Landers, WY to Jackson, WY, north of Dubois the snow along the road was 12' high on 6/3/2008.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Some beautiful scenery there!! Definitely worth seeing at least once in a lifetime but I've got lowlander blood in my veins (of the tropical coastal variety not the Scottish variety). Some of those lakes look like they had ice on them??

Some were still completely froze over still, they had a brilliant glacier blue color to them. Most of the Bear tooth pass had 20-25ft deep snow on the sides of the road still

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Thanks for sharing the pictures and hopefully you will add more. Beautiful ground to be out and exploring... been out that way once and would love to go back... be safe.

Spent some time in the heart of winter round Cooke City, camping with the guys back when I was in college... It was about -25 below in the tent.

KaZg066.jpg

6c5GssF.jpg

neat to see the same area at different times

Uwb4suS.jpg

O2Sz6Rj.jpg

a6Hcrd1.jpg

Jg9L6QW.jpg

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Looks good Lil' Spook....Glad to see that transfer riding on your hip for bears and sech....Come by when you get back and tell some tales....

will do brother... Can you guess what movie I quoted for the title???

I'll give ya a hint... We stopped and payed him a visit at his final resting place in Cody, WY

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Great pics! I made an "out west" road trip loop last year, visited Badlands, SD, Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower and Yellowstone before heading back to Indy. I love the west, it's a different world out there. Beartooth Highway is awesome!

I don't really have a "bear gun," but will probably visit out west again this year, so will have an excuse to pick up a new .44 magnum. Best I could do last year was my Ruger GP-100 with hard cast 180 grain flat nose loads. Luckily didn't need that or my bear spray. Good policy to always carry both the spray and a stout handgun in bear country.

Top Bottom