• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Right. There’s more complete video out there somewhere too. Would love to see how many other times he’s been there for same thing. He can’t Sit up but he can jerk his arm back forcefully :rofl:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    An anxiety attack? Is there much an ED can do for that? Maybe she was unprofessional, but she has probably been dealing with minor BS issues all day long and lost her patients (ha!).

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The first time I saw that, I thought the doc was Michael Moore.

ER docs are not known for our good looks

An anxiety attack? Is there much an ED can do for that? Maybe she was unprofessional, but she has probably been dealing with minor BS issues all day long and lost her patients (ha!).

i saw two patients for anxiety yesterday. No, we can’t do much except offer reassurance and make them think they got an evaluation and are OK. Can always medicate if it’s severe.

She kind of went Patton on him :>)

Yeah, I would like hear and see the "Whole Story"....

unfortunately context usually doesn't Matter to hospital admins. I know a medic who was transporting a patient after a seizure. He was alone in the back when the large guy got violent and began hitting the medic and grabbed his nuts and was squeezing. Medic hit the guy to get him off and was fired for hitting a patient.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I know a medic who was transporting a patient after a seizure. He was alone in the back when the large guy got violent and began hitting the medic and grabbed his nuts and was squeezing. Medic hit the guy to get him off and was fired for hitting a patient.
    What would have been an acceptable reaction from the medic? At what point can someone defend themselves? No job is worth keeping for having to endure these types of things.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Exactly, followed by a rendition of Shock Me...

s-l300.jpg

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    This kind of crap just makes me .........

I live in a small town and the few times I have had to visit the emergency room, it seemed very "Dr Kildare" to me. Everyone was kind, the few people that were there were polite and the Dr.'s and Nurses were great.

A year ago while visiting my in-laws in North Carolina, we had to take my Mother in law to the emergency room at 1 am. This isn't a large town, but entering the emergency room I felt like I was in a scene from a disaster movie. The room was full, about half with babies and small kids, we may have been the only "quests" that spoke English. My brother in law informed that it was always this way after hours since these folks always came to the emergency room since they didn't want to have to pay a regular Dr for a visit. He said people will show up with a cold in an ambulance because they know they will never pay for it. The mother in law is fine now, but we where there until 5 am. When we left through the emergency room, pretty much empty now, it looked like the aftermath of Woodstock.

I don't know how you Dr's do it. I tip my hat to you!

Ron

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Haven't been in a really long time, things must have changed. It's probably still a bad place to wake up in.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My wife (RN) had all kinds of stories of patient misbehavior. Guys grabbing them inappropriately, exposing themselves and worse.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh yeah. Though he was brought because he collapsed on the basketball court and couldn’t move. Has happened before with anxiety

Based on his interview, I think it's possible he just wanted an excuse to get out of practice.

That doc is awesome. She should relocate far, far away from California if she wants to continue to be awesome.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    From a non medical perspective I zcan assure you that it ain't like tv! Most ER patients walk in and walk out under their own power. I've been around it 18 years and granted I don't get to see a lot of what goes on in Ed but I'm here to tell you I've only seen one time where I considered it a true emergency. They came racing through the lobby with the patient on a gurney and an ER nurse up on top of him pounding on his chest. The rest of the time they have a sore throat they stubbed their big toe they think their mommy hates them etc etc etc.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    unfortunately context usually doesn't Matter to hospital admins. I know a medic who was transporting a patient after a seizure. He was alone in the back when the large guy got violent and began hitting the medic and grabbed his nuts and was squeezing. Medic hit the guy to get him off and was fired for hitting a patient.

That's crazy.

At my local ER a drunk patient on a gurney stood up and punched the EMT that was pushing the gurney.
    The EMT punched the patient right back and knocked him out.
    Two cops saw the whole thing and laughed.Nobody was fired or arrested.

If anything the EMT could have pressed charged for assault and the patient could have been arrested.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I worked for 20 years on a psychiatric inpatient unit. We worked closely with the ER and the Police. Most people have no idea how bad it can get.

Top Bottom