• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Was in there today to look at stuff and buy my hunting/fishing license, fondle the fishing stuff, and shake my head at the high prices. The store was not busy, very dirty, stuff was scattered through the fishing area (one row), bunches of what I was looking at had no pricing, no one around to ask if I was so inclined. The gun counter was being manned by two guys, and they were doing a great job handling the few walk up customers that popped in when I was there. I bought nothing, even passed on the free popcorn covered in God knows what was on that kids hands...the prices at RK seemed to have really shot up over the last few months.

Drove to Meijer in Franklin, very clean store, fishing aisle was well stocked, priced, and things I wanted were there for the buying. So bought my licenses there, and a new tackle box (I always need another tackle box), and about $15 worth of lures and crap I didn't really need....but when the urge hits. Since they built this Meijer I haven't had to darken the doorway of the Walmart pig sty down there.

Now it's too hot to fish....

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Why do we take the time to post stores to boycott if nobody is going to boycott them?

I usually only stop in rural king for ammo, and to browse the guns. Never bought any fishing lures from them.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Now it's too hot to fish....

That's alright. Just get a short pole with no hook, sit on your recliner, turn on a fishing show--maybe one of those with hot girls in bathing suits reeling in fish bigger than they are--and go through the motions with your pole and imagine you are there while sitting in the air conditioning. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Can we go to RK if the sale is possibly a loss leader?

Thats when I go to Dicks; when I know that sale item is costing them money and I dont pick up any accessories they expect me to while I'm there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Why are we boycotting rural king? I cant remeber but I dont gun shop there anyways lol

We could use a list of places we don't support and a quick reminder on why. It all blurs after a while. Starbucks coffee sucks and the CEO is a DB, I can remember that one anyway.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Why do we take the time to post stores to boycott if nobody is going to boycott them?

I usually only stop in rural king for ammo, and to browse the guns. Never bought any fishing lures from them.
    That's kind of like the "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is round, is there a sound?" thing. If no one is there, is the boycott working or do they just suck canal water?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Why are we boycotting rural king? I cant remeber but I dont gun shop there anyways lol

We could use a list of places we don't support and a quick reminder on why. It all blurs after a while. Starbucks coffee sucks and the CEO is a DB, I can remember that one anyway.

Some newb bought something there and was unhappy about it so took care of it himself directly with manufacturer. Said newb then proceeded to berate RK for not kissing his ass sufficiently to make him feel special. Offended newb then came on here to show us all what a douchebag he was being with the expected response from INGO.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...o-not-buy-rural-king.html?454924=#post7550246

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Some newb bought something there and was unhappy about it so took care of it himself directly with manufacturer. Said newb then proceeded to berate RK for not kissing his ass sufficiently to make him feel special. Offended newb then came on here to show us all what a douchebag he was being with the expected response from INGO.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...o-not-buy-rural-king.html?454924=#post7550246

Thanks for the reminder and the rundown! You're now the lead on developing the INGO Boycott Database (IBD). It just needs to include every business we've ever been mad at. Sort on names, reasons and year we got mad at them, PC and app options, possible burner-phone access capability but that's negotiable. Search function should be intuitive, by that it will find the right answer even when we ask for the wrong thing. Oh, and it needs to be so easy to use... two words: voice commands. :laugh:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Boycotts that I know of....

Cheaper than Dirt - gouging
    Dick's - gouging
    Sportsman Guide - I forget
    Rural King - Assorted infractions, real and imagined
    Dong's Chinese - they had NO hot mustard that one time...NONE

McDonalds

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Only thing I’ve ever seen overpriced at RK was 12/2 wire. RK $80 vs Lowe’s $48. Went to RK yesterday and got 50lb bag of cat litter for $10 and Bayer weed and feed on clearance for $13. Walmart is $7.50 for 30lb bag of same cat litter and $25 for same weed and feed. I love shopping RK and will continue to do so.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’m boycotting Kroger again! They were out of the bleu cheese crumbles I was looking for, but they had Kroger thick sliced bacon on sale for a great price. The boycott won’t last long, I’ll probably go back tomorrow evening to see if they restocked the crumbles, because I like bleu cheese crumbles on my BLTs, and I actually do refuse to go in Walmart. Such a cruel world.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Additions to aforementioned boycot;
    Taco bell
    Pizza hut

Owned by yum brands which fires employees who wish to carry to defend themselves.

Beech grove Walmart - because it's the wild wild west

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Dick's - gouging AND lying about quitting the sale of scary black rifles. (they instead quietly moved the inventory to Field and Stream, their brand new startup venture. They didnt stop selling sh**.)
    Sportsman Guide - I forget Gouging

McDonalds

FIFY

On a related note, it seems most of those places stopped selling the hot mustard. I found it best to mix a drop into the sweet and sour to give it some heat.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Dick's - gouging
    Sportsman Guide - I forget

McDonalds

I thought we were boycotting Dicks because they dropped ARs from the inventory and one of their satellite chains isn't going to sell guns now.
    That and the female CEO is having a rough time recently.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I thought we were boycotting Dicks because they dropped ARs from the inventory and one of their satellite chains isn't going to sell guns now.
    That and the female CEO is having a rough time recently.

INGO boycotts kind of remind me of this scene from "History of the World Part I"

[video=youtube;hQPmxDB04Ps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPmxDB04Ps[/video]

Top Bottom