• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    July 4 terror plot thwarted in Cleveland by man who pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda, FBI says

...A man who pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda sought to kill members of the military and conducted reconnaissance in downtown Cleveland for a planned attack on July 4 -- but the Independence Day plot was foiled after a months-long investigation, federal officials said Monday.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Stephen Anthony said Demetrius Pitts, also known as Abdur Raheem Rahfeeq, was arrested at 10 a.m. Sunday by the joint terrorism task force. Authorities were initially notified about Pitts in 2017, when he lived in Cincinnati and allegedly made statements supporting Al Qaeda and advocating violence against U.S. military members...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Hmmmm. Probably wont get any press coverage to speak of. No blood. Just a thwarted plan. But good just the same I think.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Props to those who identified a potential threat and reported it. Props to those who stayed with the case and saved lives.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    He probably bought an isis flag and the feds offered to sell him a nuke.
    I'm glad that we have professionals who are tirelessly working to keep us safe as long as they go after real terrorists and dont turn a dumb ass terrorist sympathizer into a fake terrorist for headlines. Not saying that's what happened here (we will probably find out later), but It has happened plenty in the past. They like to set actual idiots up.

Theres one part of me that wants to not care what they do to people who could find joy in liking actual terrorists but the part of me that realizes we have due process that must be applied equally says whoa whoa let's take a pause here.
    Weve seen plenty of gun owners set up by the feds in the past and gun owners and the NRA have been labeled terrorists by the left for years now. So if some idiot who buys a flag online can be tricked into planning a false nuke strike then what's not to say some innocent gun owner could be labeled the next tim mcvey?

This guys is almost positively a piece of ****, but did he plan to kill military and stuff on his own or was he prodded down that path by paid informants or undercover agents? That's the important details for me. Because while they waste time on someone who isn't a true threat, there ARE real terrorist planning to kill Americans every day and they are legit

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm glad that we have professionals who are tirelessly working to keep us safe as long as they go after real terrorists and dont turn a dumb ass terrorist sympathizer into a fake terrorist for headlines. Not saying that's what happened here (we will probably find out later), but It has happened plenty in the past. They like to set actual idiots up.

Theres one part of me that wants to not care what they do to people who could find joy in liking actual terrorists but the part of me that realizes we have due process that must be applied equally says whoa whoa let's take a pause here.
    Weve seen plenty of gun owners set up by the feds in the past and gun owners and the NRA have been labeled terrorists by the left for years now. So if some idiot who buys a flag online can be tricked into planning a false nuke strike then what's not to say some innocent gun owner could be labeled the next tim mcvey?

This guys is almost positively a piece of ****, but did he plan to kill military and stuff on his own or was he prodded down that path by paid informants or undercover agents? That's the important details for me. Because while they waste time on someone who isn't a true threat, there ARE real terrorist planning to kill Americans every day and they are legit

TT - that is my concern exactly with this type of thing. Is it real or is it a "smoke & mirrors" event put on by the FBI with some poor Schmuckatelli at center stage?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Exactly, and well said.

The fbi has such a long history of telling the truth and being trustworthy, I am sure there is nothing to worry about here.... just keeping you safe.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The thing about stopping something like this is you never will know how any people would be alive at the end of this week that would otherwise have been killed in the alleged attack. And if the attack wasn't thwarted, and he did wind up killing dozens, we would be screaming "Where was the FBI!!!!"

Add in the lies and deceit from our government agencies and news media and we wind up second guessing as to is this true, or an agency stunt?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Add in the lies and deceit from our government agencies and news media and we wind up second guessing as to is this true, or an agency stunt?
    I don’t doubt for a minute poor ole’ Demetrius was a sympathizer, but would poor ole’ Demetrius have gotten off his ass and actually done anything if a clever FBI UC hadn’t have said, “hey D I can get you access to enough bang to make the mother of all fireworks, and you can kill the infidels in the Homeland”? Not sure if that’s the case here, but in the past, it’s always the Johnny on the Spot UC agent that has the bomb, and when he finally talks/goads poor (insert name here) into getting said bomb, a career is made!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If anything else it's a reminder to be vigiliant especially on special dates like the 4th of July.
    Terrorists love symbolic dates.
    The 2012 Benghazi attack happened on September 11th.
    In 2016 a truck attack happened in France on the 14th of July, the National Day (Bastille Day) there.

Don't be afraid to go out and celebrate your freedom with friends and family (otherwise those bastards have won), but do keep your head on a swivel.:patriot:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    July 4 terror plot thwarted in Cleveland by man who pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda, FBI says

Wait, so did a man who pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda thwart the terror plot, or is Fox News employing high school dropouts to write their headlines?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    If anything else it's a reminder to be vigiliant especially on special dates like the 4th of July.
    Terrorists love symbolic dates.
    The 2012 Benghazi attack happened on September 11th.
    In 2016 a truck attack happened in France on the 14th of July, the National Day (Bastille Day) there.

Don't be afraid to go out and celebrate your freedom with friends and family (otherwise those bastards have won), but do keep your head on a swivel.:patriot:
    Exactly. My head is always on a swivel. It amazed me how oblivious some are with there heads in there phones anymore. I saw a woman walk into traffic the other day didn't even look one way let alone both and had her head in her phone the whole time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Exactly. My head is always on a swivel. It amazed me how oblivious some are with there heads in there phones anymore. I saw a woman walk into traffic the other day didn't even look one way let alone both and had her head in her phone the whole time.

This is way to common anymore. I was coming into Krogers last week with the terrorists (Avatar) and we watched a woman with her 2 kids stroll across traffic head down in her phone with not even a glance. The kids were more attentive than she was. As she neared the curb I was sure she was going down. Yup, flat on her face.
    I was really to far to have said or done much to prevent but man, the stupid hurts.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    This is way to common anymore. I was coming into Krogers last week with the terrorists (Avatar) and we watched a woman with her 2 kids stroll across traffic head down in her phone with not even a glance. The kids were more attentive than she was. As she neared the curb I was sure she was going down. Yup, flat on her face.
    I was really to far to have said or done much to prevent but man, the stupid hurts.
    I was lucky enough to see her coming in plenty of time to stop. I got my first taste of people paying know attention when I was watching my niece and she had a tablet. I could call her name repeatedly and it was like she was completely out of it until I put my hand in front of the tablet.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Top Bottom