• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We went passed it this afternoon. It was at the house on Grape Rd right across the street from Meijer. It looked like some of it was a few pallets of dog food.

Most Walmart trailers have GPS on them so they are pretty easy to track.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We went passed it this afternoon. It was at the house on Grape Rd right across the street from Meijer. It looked like some of it was a few pallets of dog food.

That fellow wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Most thieves are not the sharpest tool in the shed. Plus I'd imagine a lot of the stuff in wal mart trailers have numbers on it which could eventually track it down to you in the future.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Park the stolen trailer that is emblazoned WALMART in the front yard to unload it... it’s the perfect crime.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I don't think they needed GPS to find the house.

walmart.jpg

Did the guy just stole the trailer or also the tractor to tow it? If so he must have stolen a tractor somewhere else. :dunno:

There's a tractor in that picture bellow but it could have been sent to recover the stolen trailer.

Stolen-Walmart-trailer.jpg

stolen-walmart-semitrailer-found-on-grape-road

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The tractor wasn't there when we went by, it was just the trailer. When we stopped, I searched online and found that picture so that was the rig that was used in the crime.

I agree the trailer GPS had nothing to do with them finding it. I was just stating that they do have them and they can be tracked if the need is there.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The tractor wasn't there when we went by, it was just the trailer. When we stopped, I searched online and found that picture so that was the rig that was used in the crime.

I agree the trailer GPS had nothing to do with them finding it. I was just stating that they do have them and they can be tracked if the need is there.

So they managed to hide the tractor somewhere else but left the huge trailer on the front lawn.
    That's odd.

I would imagine most folks wouldn't even know how to separate the tractor from the tractor, or even driver the whole semi-truck.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'd like to know the connection, if any, between the home owner and the guy arrested. The article makes it almost sound like there is none. That would mean the perp would just unload the booty in a strangers garage. I know there are some stupid people but come on.....

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So they managed to hide the tractor somewhere else but left the huge trailer on the front lawn.
    That's odd.

I would imagine most folks wouldn't even know how to separate the tractor from the tractor, or even driver the whole semi-truck.

The cops were there already when I went by.

I'll see if I have any connections to the MPD. I'll try to find out some details if I can.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'd like to know the connection, if any, between the home owner and the guy arrested. The article makes it almost sound like there is none. That would mean the perp would just unload the booty in a strangers garage. I know there are some stupid people but come on.....
    It was a rental house according to what I read. The owner rented it to the thief best I can gather.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Based on my time working in a Walmart during college, I would guess that those pallets of dog food were probably half ripped open and stacked precariously on top of pallets of light bulbs or other fragile goods. That is the way the trailers usually arrived at the receiving department. Sometimes we even had the bonus of loose gallon paint cans stacked on top of the dog food. These invariably ended busted and waiting to splash the unsuspecting employee after the trailer was slammed into the loading dock.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sounds like something Tony Soprano's boys woulda done.

They at least would have pulled it into a warehouse... those 6 racks of suits... sorry those 5 racks of suits would probably make it back to the rightful owners.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It was a rental house according to what I read. The owner rented it to the thief best I can gather.

This idiot is from Mississippi. He stole the trailer/truck in Lansing Illinois. I would have thought he could have black marketed the stuff closer to Chicago land. It's pretty ballsy to drive it this far. I wonder if he lived at that house or he was point there as a good place to fence stolen stuff. I'd guess there is a lot we don't know yet.

Top Bottom