• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Whether you shop at RK, or boycott RK this is concening. 1430 on a Sunday afternoon? In Greenwood?? This **** is out of hand. In the words of Sgt Esterhaus, "Let's be careful out there."

GREENWOOD, Ind. – Police are looking for the armed thief who carjacked a grandfather in a Greenwood parking lot.

Sunday afternoon around 2:30, 60-year-old Allen Schoppenhorst was finishing up a quick trip to the Rural King in Greenwood. He returned his shopping cart and walked to his truck. Before Schoppenhorst could shut his truck door, the thief was already there.

The thief supposedly showed Schoppenhorst a gun and demanded money and the keys, but also had other plans.
    “He told me to get in the backseat. I told him I was too old to crawl through the seats and that he’d have to open the backdoor. When he opened the backdoor I took off, running, screaming ‘He’s robbing me’,” Schoppenhorst said.

The parking lot was packed, so other customers heard the commotion and that was enough for the carjacker to take off with cash and the truck.
    “Oh, he showed no fear, no fear at all. Almost like he enjoyed it. It’s kind of scary,” Schoppenhorst said, “Sooner or later, somebody is going to have a gun. It’s going to be bad,”
    This grandfather admits he wants his truck back, but more importantly, he wants others to be alert and this thief to get caught before someone gets hurt.
    Schoppenhorst’s truck is a 2000 grey Chevy Silverado pickup truck with a silver tailgate. It has an extended cab, with an 8-foot bed.

https://fox59.com/2018/07/02/grandfather-carjacked-in-store-parking-lot-police-look-for-armed-thief/

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Thats a real shame. In the afternoon in a crowded parking lot.... Just thankfully the grandfather wasn't hurt.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Mr. Schoppenhorst should have paid a lot more attention and been prepared to defend himself. He's lucky to have gotten off with a clocking, the perps next victim might not be so lucky.

No matter where you are, how safe your neighborhood is, the crazy can travel to you.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am a grandfather. I will not be car jacked.
    SA people. Be prepared because this new bred of **** bag does enjoy it.

Glad gramps got away.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ummm probably not a good location to carjack someone, I see a larger than average OC frequency at Rural King up here.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Thanks for the heads up. My wife an I are in or near that shopping center on most days. I'll have to go back to carrying the larger caliber that I dispensed with during shorts weather.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    A couple of things:
    1) 60 isn't old (Kevin Bacon is 60)
    2) You don't have to be old to be a grandfather

Okay, another thing... This is another reason NOT to shop at Rural King!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    As a 68 year old, I can attest to the fact that body parts aren't what they used to be....and some of them spontaneously fall off on occasion.

and...STOP PICKING ON RURAL KING!!!! It's amazing that any of you crabby people are allowed out your front door since your anti-social index is so elevated. Rural King is a cool place. Don't like it? Too ****ing bad!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As a 68 year old, I can attest to the fact that body parts aren't what they used to be....and some of them spontaneously fall off on occasion.

and...STOP PICKING ON RURAL KING!!!! It's amazing that any of you crabby people are allowed out your front door since your anti-social index is so elevated. Rural King is a cool place. Don't like it? Too ****ing bad!
    Are you addressing the perp (described as armed) to stop picking on RK?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That would not be the conclusion an average reader would arrive at if this thread is read sequentially.

You may be too close to this......

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If you think you have reason to not shop someplace, don't shop there. However, if one carjacking in the parking lot stops you from going there, soon you may not be able to go out of the house. There's the LTCH and there's that mysterious thing called situational awareness that people talk about but don't practice.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Perhaps I should have used purple in the last sentence of my last message. I don't have anything against RK. Of course RK doesn't condone muggings in their parking lot and this is not a reason to not shop there.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If you’ve seen it or know anything that can help detectives solve this case, call Greenwood police.

There is so much to go on...
    The perp description is just spot on, that white/black/latino/chinese/arab guy/girl better shave/put on a fake beard, maybe try to look older or younger or everyone is going to spot him/her/xe.
    :facepalm:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    There is so much to go on...
    The perp description is just spot on, that white/black/latino/chinese/arab guy/girl better shave/put on a fake beard, maybe try to look older or younger or everyone is going to spot him/her/xe.
    :facepalm:
    Apparently this person is still driving the truck around. If they get out of the truck then there is no way to find this person.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Criminals (plural) identified. Truck found in Indianapolis. Greenwood PD to issue statement later today.

36701889_1944802162238266_3071300752245784576_n.jpg

Top Bottom