• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    In a strange city as we travel for a long weekend away.

Bloomington, IL this time.

Son received about a 0.75" long laceration to the outside of his left ankle. It's deep, though. Definitely needs medical attention. And since it was pretty late when he got the cut - all the immediate care places were closed.

So - here we sit.

He's ignoring the ouchie for now.

I'm hoping that medical adhesive will close it OK and he won't need stitches. But it may.

The kicker: he was cut by something in the pool of the hotel we're staying in for the night.

Wonder how all of this will shake out financially. As in - who pays what, when, and to whom.

But at least INGO isn't blocked by their WiFi!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Make sure they are aware of the accident. I hope it's not real bad and it heals quickly. Not a great way to spend the holiday. :(

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It isn't really bad.

Just a busy ER... Still waiting on the stitches. No dermabond. He's got the topical numbing goop on there percolating right now.

And playing Angry Birds on a tablet.

I emailed the hotel owner at the email address on his business card. We'll see.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hope he heals up ok and it doesnt mess up the whole trip for you guys. Probably someone drinking in or around the pool when they werent supposed to and a glass got broke. Seen that before.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    In a strange city as we travel for a long weekend away.

Bloomington, IL this time.

Son received about a 0.75" long laceration to the outside of his left ankle. It's deep, though. Definitely needs medical attention. And since it was pretty late when he got the cut - all the immediate care places were closed.

So - here we sit.

He's ignoring the ouchie for now.

I'm hoping that medical adhesive will close it OK and he won't need stitches. But it may.

The kicker: he was cut by something in the pool of the hotel we're staying in for the night.

Wonder how all of this will shake out financially. As in - who pays what, when, and to whom.

But at least INGO isn't blocked by their WiFi!
    If you’re in a decent hotel (Marriott or Hilton property) they will probably bend over backwards to make sure you and yours are OK. My toddler daughter was injured in a Marriott a few months back, and they paid for the ER visit immediately, and were persistent in follow up. She(me) also got several free nights at any Marriott property as an apology. Large quality inn keepers are all about making things right. Have you talked directly to the on duty hotel staff? If not you should,immediately, to get an incident report started.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The guy working @ the Holiday Inn Express seems just barely competent. I asked him about an incident report - he just looked at me blankly.

I did email the owner. We'll see if that email is answered.

Thing is - we're here and they already have his insurance working. Maybe I'll just sick Anthem on the hotel for subrogation.

And also ask that my out of pocket expenses be taken care of, too.

But seriously - the night audit clerk isn't the guy who can help me. I doubt he can help himself.

In the AM when the "real" management is In - that's when things will get rolling.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    4 stitches!

He's still sleeping. I wish I was. Gonna need a nap later.

Hotel owner has been back in touch with me. He has told me to send all bills to him/them.

Also showed the head house keeper the suspected spot on the pool edge where we suspect he cut himself.

I'm tired.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Make sure you find a female nurse and ask if Illinois has any laws against nurses dating the parents of their patients

No, no, no, you don’t date nurses, they come with a special kind of crazy!!!!!:nuts::nuts:

Greatest thing I ever did was marry a nurse. She kept me alive in the jungles of Borneo when I was down with heat stroke, dengue fever (twice), typhoid fever (when we finally got to a hospital the first bottle of IV was drained into my veins in less than thirty minutes, total of 16 bottles in the next 24-36 hours); she helped put eleven stitches in my shin when I fell in a five-foot deep hole; she patched me up after numerous falls from jungle bridges and motorcycle wipe-outs, too. :stretcher: More importantly, this nurse has stayed with me for over 46 years.

Maybe you are right, Vigilant, this nurse is a special kind of crazy—but I wish more women were that kind of crazy. Makes for happy husbands and honest, faithful, God-fearing children who are raising great grandchildren.

Botom line: MARRY A NURSE!

:cool: :thumbsup:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The best five years of my life were from being married to nurse. We're celebrating our 28th anniversary next week.

[Disclaimer: I am not married to a nurse and I am not celebrating a 28th anniversary. This disclaimer shouldn't be necessary, but . . .]

Top Bottom