Much Fodder for Discussion Herein: Read Carefully!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Of course I know it’s the country of Georgia not the state, hence the last sentence of the OP. Quite easy to see how someone browsing the article casually could miss that fact. I know the couple had dual citizenship but I am left wondering why this is newsworthy enough for People Magazine Online. Call me a conspiracy theorist or paranoid or whatever but it’s easy to see an agenda in there.

Have you looked at Georgia’s gun laws? Oh, the irony. On the surface they don’t look much different than ours (although I’m not sure about the legality of so-called “assault”-style rifles). Not that it mattered since the killing was done with a hunting rifle.

The country does appear to have mental health checks codified into law as well as a national permitting process, both predictably feckless in this case. A lot going on under the surface with the possible sexual assault, etc. I wonder if the murdered couple was able to legally defend themselves considering their citizenship status (or if they cared to).

Damned tragic story any way you slice it and a shame the sicko who did it gets life in prison on the public dole rather than a swift termination followed by one-way ticket to hell.

Edit: Looks like Georgia really cracked down on its citizens with tougher gun laws about four years ago. How that work in this case?

Agenda.ge - Georgia embraces tougher gun laws

Last edited:
    Top Bottom