• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I do t believe that guy should have died for his actions. But there was no reason (based on the video) that he should have rushed that guy and pushed him in such a way.

If someone was shouting at my gf or whatever I wouldn't attack the man, I'd would try to deescalate the situation.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Nope, not justified in my opinion. Once he pulled his gun the other guy backed off and dropped his aggressive stance THEN he shot him. I would feel different had he shot him while the guy was advancing with his gonna kick some butt stance. :twocents:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Nope, not justified in my opinion. Once he pulled his gun the other guy backed off and dropped his aggressive stance THEN he shot him. I would feel different had he shot him while the guy was advancing with his gonna kick some butt stance. :twocents:

I agree. I don’t see this being a life threatening situation. Given, a young guy can usually do a lot of damage to an older man, and had he been in the process of that I would agree with his defensive stance. This was not self defense imo.

What I wonder is, if the young guy saw him pull a gun and pulled his own and shot would that have been justified?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Not a lawyer and don't know the nuances of Florida's laws but I'd vote to convict the shooter. The attacker was moving away and no longer a threat, there was time for this to be apparent to everybody. Shooter had time and distance to get up and take cover if necessary and call 5-0. Don't agree with the decision to not file charges.

Pile on if needed.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Looks like it was 3 against 1. He was about to get a good old fashion beat down. The woman coming out of the car. The man who pushed him down and the other man coming up right behind the guy that did the pushing. That old guy on the ground just saved his life.

Now that would be my story if I was the old guy. Life is all about perspective.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    And here comes the civil lawsuit, why not the "victims" family doesn't have to paid a dime out of pocket. Lesson for all, don't argue about stupid Stuff and hide all your assets, can't get blood out of a turnip.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I’ll say this in the old guys defense. I’m too fat to run and too old to take an ace whooping. With that said is why I just move along in life and don’t engage anyone about things that don’t really matter.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks like a bully finally tried to bully the wrong person, unfortunate that his mistake had such permanent consequences. He escalated the confrontation from a verbal one to a physical one and then found out that he brought fists to a gun fight. The only thing that brings it into question is that the shooter didn't immediately fire. He hesitated ~ 2-3 seconds. Only he knows what else was happening at that moment.

Tragic for all involved but I can't agree that the shooter is the bad guy in the situation based off the video.

I agree. I don’t see this being a life threatening situation. Given, a young guy can usually do a lot of damage to an older man, and had he been in the process of that I would agree with his defensive stance. This was not self defense imo.
    This is the point of Florida's law, you shouldn't have to wait until you're in the process of being beaten to attempt to shoot your way out of it. You can end it before it begins.

Nope, not justified in my opinion. Once he pulled his gun the other guy backed off and dropped his aggressive stance THEN he shot him. I would feel different had he shot him while the guy was advancing with his gonna kick some butt stance.
    Don't pull a gun out to threaten, pull a gun out to shoot.

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I agree, it looked more like retaliation than self-preservation. Although the guy did let his girlfriend park in the handicap space, and I've always favored stiff penalties for that.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Did old guy know the attack was over? What was being said? Is there ever an excuse for an apparently healthy young guy to pound down an old man? Does deceased have a history of being a hot head bully? Did the old guy sustain injuries?

The old saying about don't mess with old guys sure fits here.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Pretty nasty situation.
    In my world you keep your cool, keep your mouth shut and understand some people are rude and inconsiderate, and sure as hell don't lay your hands on anyone.
    Break those guidelines and **** like this can lead to situations similar to this.
    Stupid actions on both sides led to a loss of life.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill

Perhaps it is about stand your ground. Had this happen in a state that has a duty to retreat, I don't think it is reasonable the shooter could safely escape due to his physical condition. He really struggled to get up with no threat around or in any hurry. The shooter was not physically able to escape either from previous injuries or injury from the attack. But because you can't safely escape doesn't mean you can start shooting people either. The threat of further attack didn't appear to be imminent based on the video, but that is just part of the puzzle. Who knows what was being said or what witnesses seen and heard the video didn't catch.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Also the video looks to be a good example of pulling a gun and not shooting is reasonable self defense.The threat changed after the gun came out. Saying I pulled my gun now I HAVE to shoot is ****ing stupid and an excellent way to spend some quality time in prison.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Saying I pulled my gun now I HAVE to shoot is ****ing stupid and an excellent way to spend some quality time in prison.

Well, apparently not in Florida.

I'm having a hard time seeing this shooting as justified. The shooter was NOT AN OLD MAN. He seemed to get up just fine from the ground without assistance and without holding on to anything. The attacker clearly paused when he saw the gun pointed at him, and the 47 year old shot him anyway. Where is the imminent threat of death or serious injury? Or does Florida law allow you to shoot someone who pushes you, based on being an elderly 47 year old?

If it wasn't for this ******* starting the argument with a woman over a parking space, none of this would have happened.

Top Bottom