• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    A week ago I woke up, put my contacts in and immediately noticed blurry vision. I could see OK at times but at other times it was difficult. If I was walking it was OK, but when driving i found I had a tendency to lose focus and just stare ahead, but I could work to get my focus back. It was better if I wasn't wearing contacts and just had glasses on, though I could read better if no glasses at all (I'm near sighted). A few days go by and I noticed my left contact (dominant eye) seemed thicker than normal. I rubbed it and it shifted, revealing the second contact. Hrm. My wife wears contacts, did I put my contact into a case that had hers??? She had PRK a few months ago and has not been using contacts. Well, I put that second contact in by itself and noticed no improvement in my vision. Weird. So I tossed it out and my focus issue was gone. yay.

Today my right eye had been bothering me and was a bit blurry at times. It was red and injected. I went all day without any contacts. At work tonight it was starting to bug me more so I went and stared in the mirror. I noted a ring around my iris on the right, along with an injected "white part" of the eye. Was that ANOTHER contact in my right eye??? Yes... yes it was. I had a freaking contact in my right eye,which means I had been going for a week with a contact in that eye too.

Now my eye aches a bit but my vision is nearly back to normal. I think these were probably the patch contact lenses she had after PRK since they are not prescription altering, just protective lenses. Gonna ask in the morning. But for now I'm happy I'm not going blind :rockwoot:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I remember once around puberty when I thought I would go blind. It was very serious and scary times indeed. But I can confirm after thorough research that you will not go blind ;)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I wear 1-day contacts. Take them out and throw them away at night. New pair each morning. I have forgotten to take them out before, and put a new pair in on top of the old pair in the morning. I figured it out same day, not a week later, though.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'm a long time lens wearer, and very near sighted. I've never seen non-prescription lenses, but they're probably thin enough that a guy could make that mistake easily.

My prescription is very slightly different between eyes, so the problem that I run into once in a while, is that I get the lenses in the wrong eye. It's subtle enough that I don't always know until I leave the house, usually when I'm driving.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    A week ago I woke up, put my contacts in and immediately noticed blurry vision. I could see OK at times but at other times it was difficult. If I was walking it was OK, but when driving i found I had a tendency to lose focus and just stare ahead, but I could work to get my focus back. It was better if I wasn't wearing contacts and just had glasses on, though I could read better if no glasses at all (I'm near sighted). A few days go by and I noticed my left contact (dominant eye) seemed thicker than normal. I rubbed it and it shifted, revealing the second contact. Hrm. My wife wears contacts, did I put my contact into a case that had hers??? She had PRK a few months ago and has not been using contacts. Well, I put that second contact in by itself and noticed no improvement in my vision. Weird. So I tossed it out and my focus issue was gone. yay.

Today my right eye had been bothering me and was a bit blurry at times. It was red and injected. I went all day without any contacts. At work tonight it was starting to bug me more so I went and stared in the mirror. I noted a ring around my iris on the right, along with an injected "white part" of the eye. Was that ANOTHER contact in my right eye??? Yes... yes it was. I had a freaking contact in my right eye,which means I had been going for a week with a contact in that eye too.

Now my eye aches a bit but my vision is nearly back to normal. I think these were probably the patch contact lenses she had after PRK since they are not prescription altering, just protective lenses. Gonna ask in the morning. But for now I'm happy I'm not going blind :rockwoot:

Doc... it's not that guns get boring but you keep the mind exercised.

Top Bottom