• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    It’s that time of year again to look into filling my propane tank. I called for pricing and was told $1.20 per gallon.

They question is, do I wait a few more weeks to see if pricing goes down a little more or schedule to get it filled now?

I have a 1,000 tank which is a little under 20%, so probably 650 gallons.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Sounds like a pretty good price. I have a 500 gallon tank and don't use more than 600 gallons/year so I'm considered a low user and don't get the best pricing like the high users. I'm getting a summer fill for $1.49. I also lease my tank, If you own your tank the price is a little less.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Sounds like a pretty good price. I have a 500 gallon tank and don't use more than 600 gallons/year so I'm considered a low user and don't get the best pricing like the high users. I'm getting a summer fill for $1.49. I also lease my tank, If you own your tank the price is a little less.

I bought a 1,000 tank the spring after I moved into the house. The prior owners were with a Co-op that rented the tank and had a gas meter on the side of the house. We moved in later December and were stuck with it. That first winter was brutal as monthly propane was averaging $300 a month from January- March. The 1,000 gallon tank lasts us all year, so I generally fill in July/August.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Getting to be that time of year again, just got my yearly propane fill scheduled for $0.95 per gallon. I usually wait until mid July to early August, but at the current price I don’t think it will go too much lower if any.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Getting to be that time of year again, just got my yearly propane fill scheduled for $0.95 per gallon. I usually wait until mid July to early August, but at the current price I don’t think it will go too much lower if any.

Which company fills your tank?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    $.95 is pretty good. We usually use Co-Alliance Co-op but other local dealers have been a little better this past year.

Also, good time to check the output pressure of your low side regulators... Had to replace ours. Nicely setting at 11" wc now.

Think I'll start making my annual call-arounds...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Sure missing that thousand gallon tank we had before.
    The different companies would dicker with you on price for a 800 gallon sale and I made no bones about giving them chance to be lowest.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Sure missing that thousand gallon tank we had before.
    The different companies would dicker with you on price for a 800 gallon sale and I made no bones about giving them chance to be lowest.

Word. We have 1350 and Grandma has 2000 gal capacity. Usually get a 'farm rate' for that amount.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    We do like the price we have gotten from Apache the last time or 2. I tend to top off twice/yr. Not only does our 1000 Gal tank run the furnace/dryer/water heater, it feeds the back-up generator. We do not use it a lot, but hate the idea of in not being at least half full. Have never gotten the .95 cent rate. Wish I needed to buy now.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Honestly, I'm surprised it's only up that much over last year. Small quantity retail is seeing the suck of distributors increasing their margins, because, they can, and get away with it.

Top Bottom