Holiday World or King's Island, and why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    It’s been a while since I’ve been to King’s Island, but we go to Holiday World every year and it’s awesome. Free soft drinks (yeah I know, “free”). Awesome roller coasters. The Legend is just epic. Their new one the Thunderbird is really good too. Every year we’ve been it’s been about 5-10 minute line for the rides at the most.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    King's Island in the fall when they open it up at night and spiffy the whole place up for Halloween. Very small to no lines, depending on when you go in, NOT 100 degrees in the nonexistent shade, and riding the Beast at sunset ROCKS!!!!!!!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We have never been to holiday world but I’m going this weekend. Really looking forward to it. We are staying in a hotel nearby.

sad they are pepsi instead of coke

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We have never been to holiday world but I’m going this weekend. Really looking forward to it. We are staying in a hotel nearby.

sad they are pepsi instead of coke

Is there a hotel nearby? I had always heard there wasn't really anywhere to stay down there.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Depends on your wants.

If if you want multiple thrill rides and coasters, Kong’s island but it will be expensive.

If if you want family fun with a few coasters and thrill rides and affordable, holiday world. Great water park there. Plus cheap.

For the question of hotel hotel near holiday world, Santa’s lodge is a stones throw from the park but is expensive. It is the only hotel in town. The sale exit has a few motels. Best options is jasper or other places nearby.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Never been to Holiday World, but if you like coasters the Kings Island has some good ones. The Beast is excellent. The Racers aren't as cool anymore though since they no longer run one of them backwards.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    We haven't been to Kings Island in years. After our first trip to Holiday World, we never went back to KI, although it is closer. Clean, friendly, shade, free pop, great water slides, sun screen, good roller coasters.

We stay the first night in Jasper and get a good German meal in town, then go the second day at the park at half price. They have a two day bargain now though.

I say go to one park this week, and go to the other in a week or two. A kid(of any age)can not overdose on an amusement park. We are all just getting older, and life is short!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We got to Holiday World a lot. They've built up the area a little bit, there is a hotel in the town you pass through at I-64 (can't recall the name of the little town). We usually rent a cabin at Lincoln State Park, though.

Bigc177

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Westside of Indy
    Our family loves Holiday World. We also stay at Lake Rudolph Campground when we go to Santa Claus. The campground is adjacent to the park with tons of great activities to keep the kids busy when not at HW. We just went a couple weeks ago, and had a small family reunion down there, awesome time! The longest wait for a ride was the Mammoth water coaster (about a 15 minute wait). Most of the other rides / coasters were walk right up, ride the coaster, hop off, and run back around to ride it again. By the time the park closed my kids, nieces, and nephews rode damn near every ride 5 to 6 times!

I will have to agree with a couple of post ahead of this that King's Island's October Fest is a freaky, awesome, good time. Especially when the sun goes down, and they let all the scary creatures out to scare you as you walk the park! But whatever you do, if you go to King's Island... buy a FastPass!

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Well it’s in Ferdinand, where they make Bowles mattresses right?? Google maps says 8.8 miles or 12 mins

Ferdinand is my neck of the woods, and I have no idea what Bowles mattress is. If you like Mexican food Tres Agaves in Ferdinand is the best around, and Fleigs in Ferdinand has awesome fried chicken, German Fries, steaks, and the best chicken hearts in the area if you like them. Just FYI one order of hearts from Fliegs will feed at least 2 people.

Top Bottom