• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Many people are on Facebook only showing their name. No picture, no info, nothing. Why would a person do this?

If I'm trying to find a person and they turn up like this, I have no idea if they are the person I'm looking for or not unless the name is very unusual. Just wondering.

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    Some people on Facebook are only there to access family and very specific friends and they really aren't interested in old High School friends etc. Not me, I'm out there but my picture is a Lego Fig as I don't feel photogenic. ;0)
    I also have a friend who joined FB for access to a group we shared but he happens to be a former Colts player and his name is somewhat known so he is under an alias to avoid fans / stalkers.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am not on facebook and have no desire to be. However, it is fast becoming almost a necessity for getting product notifications, vendor specials, etc.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am not on facebook and have no desire to be. However, it is fast becoming almost a necessity for getting product notifications, vendor specials, etc.

Just like twitter if you want a corporation to hear and respond to a complaint

"Just a little mark on the forehead or right hand. There, that didn't hurt so much"

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Facebook lost $100 billion of market cap today.

They earned over $25 this quarter per North American user. That is why you see so many ads

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It's a combination of most of the above for me. I'm in a small county and the public services (local PD, Sheriff, some businesses, etc) are too lazy to maintain their own websites, if they have one.

If I want to read about what's going on then I have to subscribe to their TwitFace page. I get some pictures and updates from family, but they know not to expect a response, re-twit, or a 'like' from me. I do exchange a few IM's from family since that's all they will use.

I have all my settings tuned as private as I can get them. If you aren't on my friend list then you see very little. I left most info blank, and even used an alternate spelling of my name.

Without TwitFace we're a little in the dark around here, but at the same time I don't want everything left as an open book.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

They earned over $25 this quarter per North American user. That is why you see so many ads

I've accepted the fact that I will be working for someone the rest of my life. I guess I just don't have the vision it takes to be really successful in the stock market. I never understood how Facebook could be valued for so much, yet produce nothing of any real value. Is being a data mine and running ads that lucrative?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I've accepted the fact that I will be working for someone the rest of my life. I guess I just don't have the vision it takes to be really successful in the stock market. I never understood how Facebook could be valued for so much, yet produce nothing of any real value. Is being a data mine and running ads that lucrative?

They had a profit of like $13 billion this quarter

Worldwide they have over 1.3 billion unique daily active users

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

Yeah, I know several people who made awesome money today, taking from the billionaire. MZ lost 17 Billion of net worth yesterday...20% of his total net worth, in 2 hours! I told them to enjoy their 20,000% gain in 12 hours......it's not often you can say you took a billionaires money. They paid .15 yesterday afternoon for put options and sold them today for $8+. Sure wish I had listened to them :(

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

I honestly believe the only chance working people have of ever becoming wealthy is by the stock market. It is hard to work 24/7...but your money can if you educate yourself and learn to do it. It takes a lot of time, effort and nerves.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeah, I know several people who made awesome money today, taking from the billionaire. MZ lost 17 Billion of net worth yesterday...20% of his total net worth, in 2 hours! I told them to enjoy their 20,000% gain in 12 hours......it's not often you can say you took a billionaires money. They paid .15 yesterday afternoon for put options and sold them today for $8+. Sure wish I had listened to them :(

Hah, wow. This is some solid gains. So $785 x however many contracts? I hope it was at least 100. A $1500 bet would be huge.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Hah, wow. This is some solid gains. So $785 x however many contracts? I hope it was at least 100. A $1500 bet would be huge.

Yes sir, 100 contracts=10,000 shares. 10,000 x .15 = $1500 gamble, if you sold at $8 = $80,000- your $1500 investment....so a quick $78,500. I had one buddy who made over $200,000 today by buying puts and selling calls yesterday and cashed out at 9:45AM today. I wish I knew more about options....that's how you make money in the stock market I think. But a guy has to know what he is doing or you could lose 100% on options.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Yeah the ones I'm familiar with its minimum of 100 you have to purchase. Good for like 6 months I think. But it's easy to lose too.

Puts and calls is where it's at if you like to play

It's odd how a single 1 contract = 100 shares most time. So if you buy a .10 option and 1 contract, you are getting 100 options x .10. 1 contract = 100 options...IN MOST CASES, BUT NOT ALWAYS. My buddy had July 27 Expirations 177.50 and $180 Puts he bought yesterday before close. I think he gave .05 for the 177.50 and .09 for the 180's. He got like $8 for 180's and 4-5 for 177.50's today, but that was just a gamble for him....had FB not fallen, he would have lost $2000 or almost his entire purchase price. I like long term contracts for insurance on long stock or just a gamble like Ford or GE right now....wish I knew more about them.

Top Bottom