New Star Trek series confirmed with Patrick Stewart.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Patrick said the show will take place 20 years after Nemesis.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/star-trek-patrick-stewart-picard-cbs-all-access-1202895410/

https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/status/1025840545216823296

Sir Patrick Stewart said:
    It is an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him.

The exact plot details are being kept mostly under wraps, though the series is said to tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life. That indicates that it will take place after the events of “Star Trek: The Next Generation” rather than being a prequel or reboot.

The untitled series hails from Alex Kurtzman, James Duff, Akiva Goldsman, Michael Chabon, and Kirsten Beyer. Kurtzman, Duff, Goldsman, and Chabon will also serve as executive producers on the series along with Stewart, Trevor Roth, Heather Kadin, and Rod Roddenberry. CBS Television Studios will produce. The new series does not currently have a premiere date.

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation,’ but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with ‘Star Trek’ had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.”

“During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how ‘The Next Generation’ brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership,” he continued. “I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.”

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Interesting, but I'll wait and see.

You're right... it could be a cheap cash grab...

Always follow the money...

tenor.gif

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You're right... it could be a cheap cash grab...

Always follow the money...

tenor.gif

I've liked most of the various Star Trek offerings. I remember watching TNG for the first time having seen TOS when it began and in reruns for years and thinking the really needed to man up Patrick Stewart as the captain. Probably my conditioning from years of Bill Shatner.:):

I must not have been wrong as I noticed in subsequent episodes he became a more decisive character. Writing and editing is everything in TV or film.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh no.... one thing I didn't think of... oh god...

Please don't bring back Wil Wheaton. For **** sake do not bring back Wil ****ing Wheaton.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I've liked most of the various Star Trek offerings. I remember watching TNG for the first time having seen TOS when it began and in reruns for years and thinking the really needed to man up Patrick Stewart as the captain. Probably my conditioning from years of Bill Shatner.:):

I must not have been wrong as I noticed in subsequent episodes he became a more decisive character. Writing and editing is everything in TV or film.

Kirk wasnt half the captain picard was. Kirk was way to head strong, picard was a diplomat, starfleet isnt a career for loose cannons.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I may give it a watch. I need to go back and rewatch all the star treks. I got through about 3 seasons of the original and got distracted and never picked it back up.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Kirk wasnt half the captain picard was. Kirk was way to head strong, picard was a diplomat, starfleet isnt a career for loose cannons.

Kirk, as Bill Shatner was a man of the 60s. Patrick Stewart as Picard was a man of the 80s. These shows are written by people of their respective times, having been around since the 50s, I've seen things change. Klingons evolved from snarky two dimensional bad guys to something like the Japanese samurai.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Only ones I've watched are TOS and TNG... definitely like TOS the most. I do an annual rewatch of it.

Only TNG people I like are Picard, Riker, and Q. There are more people I dislike in TNG than like.

TOS just felt more... I dunno. It was organic. So campy and entertaining.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Agree with Leadeye on this one. Picard was a good Capt and maybe because it occurred a generation later the universe was a friendlier place but Picard always struck me as some Kumbaya hippie tree hugger whereas Kirk went in, kicked ass and then ****ed the alien prom queen!! Who knows how many little green Kirks are running around out there vs little green Picards at zero!:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Only ones I've watched are TOS and TNG... definitely like TOS the most. I do an annual rewatch of it.

Only TNG people I like are Picard, Riker, and Q. There are more people I dislike in TNG than like.

TOS just felt more... I dunno. It was organic. So campy and entertaining.

I never liked TNG save for the people you mentioned and even then it was too....well....diplomatic.

Top Bottom