I can't believe it finally happened.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I feel like I've been working for this my entire life. I've never liked living in the suburbs, unlike the rest of my immediate family I've always been happiest fishing, hunting or just being out and away from everything. My wife and I have been looking for two years and dreaming for much longer and we finally found what we were after. My wife got her 100+ year old farm house and I got my 11 acres and a barn. We're surrounded by corn, beans & trees and I've seen deer on the property on two occasions already.

As soon as my wife saw it and sent me the listing I knew this was the one and it's been a whirlwind of activity since then. We closed on the place this afternoon, 26 days for a VA loan from purchase agreement to closing and we had a couple of hiccups to deal with along the way. That's pretty amazing and furthers my belief that this one was meant to be. Now we just have to get moved and sell our current place, hopefully before the first payment is due on the new one.

sr5mmJjh.jpg

mopmNTah.jpg

Ytpuc6lh.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Nice! I envy you. Our search for a house away from it all, at least a little away from it all, will begin in 2 years. Cant come soon enough!
    Congrats!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Very happy for you!!!

Now watch for adjacent land to come up for sale and begin your empire!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks guys. There's a small piece of land across the road that I've heard the owner wants to sell so I'm planning to look into that. I'd like to grow the woods a bit in the bottom left corner of the last pic I posted. We're planning a 2 acre fenced horse pasture around the barn and a large garden as well. I'm hoping to plant some fruit trees next year, just haven't decided where yet.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Beautiful home and land! I’m jealous! Should be some good hunting and peaceful, relaxing nights by the fire.

Congrats man, you’ve earned it. Love seeing people’s dreams fulfilled. Really happy for you and your wife.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I am always looking for a house with enough land for a range again. I actually had that in CA (of all places) but haven't found any room out here in IN. Does that make any sense?

Is there a creek on it?
    Are you on a well?
    ...septic?

You need a big tractor now.

Top Bottom