Five shootings in less than 10 hours: WTH???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    One at JD’s Pub and one at 37th and High School. Yeah the neighborhood has changed and it sure ain’t for the better.

It’s only a matter of time before Jd‘s Pub loses their liquor license and that crowd heads over to the Main Event. Fortunately I never go to JD’s anymore and the Main Event only during the daytime.

Pretty sad how once-proud Eagle Creek is now such a **** hole:

IMPD investigates 5 shootings in less than 10 hours – FOX59 - https://fox59.com/2018/08/10/impd-investigates-5-shootings-in-less-than-10-hours/

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    b1d952351158ed46aac8be8471223b3b.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is no saving that area until those crap hole apts. are torn down along High School Rd. Then Scarborough and a few others north of there. Gov. subsidized **** pools.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There is no saving that area until those crap hole apts. are torn down along High School Rd. Then Scarborough and a few others north of there. Gov. subsidized **** pools.

While I understand and agree that in general there are numerous ****hole apt's around the county that need torn down. The bigger problem seems to be all the critters who inhabit those places. Seems some would destroy any place they go.

Like so many often say follow the money. When it comes to this kind of crap and crime in general I bet if you follow the money and drugs you will find the biggest problem element of society

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    While I understand and agree that in general there are numerous ****hole apt's around the county that need torn down. The bigger problem seems to be all the critters who inhabit those places. Seems some would destroy any place they go.

Like so many often say follow the money. When it comes to this kind of crap and crime in general I bet if you follow the money and drugs you will find the biggest problem element of society

This is nothing new. My dad would comment about it as far back as the late 60's when he worked for Marion County Health Dept.. Any bright shiny new government housing would quickly become run down (sometimes to the point of being condemned). Thing is, when something costs nothing or very little, some people see no need to take care of it. It's kind of like giving a kid an allowance with no expectations that the kid do chores around the house. Getting something for nothing leads to the expectation that it's normal, and provides no incentive to do better. They come to think that they "deserve" it, just because.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I've lived in the area for 26 years, although I'm north of the crime line at 46th St. With the Marsh closing on 38th St, we sometimes go to the market in that little strip that JD's is in. Invariably there are people loitering outside JD's and there is always someone sitting in a car in the parking lot, presumably doing "nothing". I've never been in JD's and haven't been in the Main Event for 25 years. Yeah, I wouldn't want to go after milk after dark.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is nothing new. My dad would comment about it as far back as the late 60's when he worked for Marion County Health Dept.. Any bright shiny new government housing would quickly become run down (sometimes to the point of being condemned). Thing is, when something costs nothing or very little, some people see no need to take care of it. It's kind of like giving a kid an allowance with no expectations that the kid do chores around the house. Getting something for nothing leads to the expectation that it's normal, and provides no incentive to do better. They come to think that they "deserve" it, just because.

Excellent point. When a person has no skin in the game they don't give a hoot what it costs. But they have no problem with the poor pitful me song & dance.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There is no saving that area until those crap hole apts. are torn down along High School Rd with the hood rats still inside. Then Scarborough and a few others north of there. Gov. subsidized **** pools.

FIFY. Until the trouble makers are gone, there will be trouble. (No, Im not really seriously advocating murdering the scum, that wouldnt be right. Effective in the short term, but not moral. Hence the purple. )

Oh, what would you know about the topic?

Oh, yeah. Right. :):

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    A very good friend of mine is a property manager at a complex that has nearly fulfilled its “community service” of providing below market housing to .gov funded individuals. They are counting the days until eviction/move out of their last.gov subsidized tenants. They have a fair market waiting list of several hundred formerly overqualified(too much money) families that are chomping at the bit to get into these properties.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A very good friend of mine is a property manager at a complex that has nearly fulfilled its “community service” of providing below market housing to .gov funded individuals. They are counting the days until eviction/move out of their last.gov subsidized tenants. They have a fair market waiting list of several hundred formerly overqualified(too much money) families that are chomping at the bit to get into these properties.

There are 2 or 3 Apt. property's close to us that have been utterly destroyed by these animals. Best term I have to describe them. They bleed out into the area on foot and steal everything that is not bolted/welded down. The most of them are to stupid and lazy to steel a wrench to unbolt anything so there is that.

They shut down the worst **** hole over by school 79 and spent a crap load of tax dollars refurbishing it. While it was empty the area was pretty peaceful with very few "Walking" dead roaming the area. It is back up and running. Damnit.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Today will be the last day of operation for The Main Event. I all but stopped going in there in the evenings when they started frisking people and usually only went in there during the daytime or on the weekends for lunch.

I know the owner and most all of the staff there and they’re all good people. I don’t blame the owner at all (except for frisking customers). It was just a matter of time. The crowds were down and the people who were coming in were rude to the staff and not tipping appropriately.

I hope JDs pub (and IMPD) are ready for this crowd to head over to JD’s and add to what has already been a volatile situation there. I’m surprised they are still open with the trouble that has occurred over there in the past. Needless to say I won’t be darkening their doorway, armed or not.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    When is everyone going to acknowledge that the crime in Indy is a cultural problem? It's not an apartment problem, or a policing problem, or a government problem, it's a "we celebrate being dirtbags, and don't want to improve ourselves" culture problem.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Today will be the last day of operation for The Main Event. I all but stopped going in there in the evenings when they started frisking people and usually only went in there during the daytime or on the weekends for lunch.

I know the owner and most all of the staff there and they’re all good people. I don’t blame the owner at all (except for frisking customers). It was just a matter of time. The crowds were down and the people who were coming in were rude to the staff and not tipping appropriately.

I hope JDs pub (and IMPD) are ready for this crowd to head over to JD’s and add to what has already been a volatile situation there. I’m surprised they are still open with the trouble that has occurred over there in the past. Needless to say I won’t be darkening their doorway, armed or not.

My wife wanted to check it out last summer. We rode up there, not far from the house. The people were friendly. The food was great. We said we'll go back.
    The Icehouse had great food and closed just a couple weeks after we ate there. Just didn't have the foot traffic anymore. The Main Event didn't have it either. It started picking up when we left.
    So 2 more places with great food that are no longer with us. It is difficult to find good food anymore.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When is everyone going to acknowledge that the crime in Indy is a cultural problem? It's not an apartment problem, or a policing problem, or a government problem, it's a "we celebrate being dirtbags, and don't want to improve ourselves" culture problem.
    No one has or wants to implement a solution to that problem, so they focus on others. Though I suspect there are those in said population that don't fall into your generalization even if they are the minority.

Top Bottom