Resolve traffic court failure to appear without arrest?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Asking on behalf of an elderly relative...

What is the likelihood that a failure to appear in traffic court in Madison County will result in an arrest warrant? And if it did how can it be resolved without an arrest?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Asking on behalf of an elderly relative...

What is the likelihood that a failure to appear in traffic court in Madison County will result in an arrest warrant? And if it did how can it be resolved without an arrest?

Was it for an infraction or midemeanor? Warrants are only for misdemeanors.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No arrest warrant, but administrative suspension of license. Contact the traffic court prosecutor, either pay or get a new court date.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I'm not 100% certain what it was, going by fourth hand information, what if it was a misdemeanor? Is there a way to resolve it?

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    In a small town court,my friend forgot his court date.He called the court and said he forgot ( misdimeanor),judge said to come in and pay fine,and that was it.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not 100% certain what it was, going by fourth hand information, what if it was a misdemeanor? Is there a way to resolve it?

Contact the prosecutor. Here, you'd be able to just go to Ident, verify it's you, and get a new court date. There, I've no idea the procedure.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ohio might be different, but here traffic court failure to appear results in bench warrant. I'd get a lawyer who works in that jurisdiction and knows the personalities involved (prosecutor etc) to run interference for your relative YMMV

ETA: They've got you by the short hairs. You may have no choice but to plead, lawyer can get your relative a softer landing in that case,also. Maybe ask Hough or Kirk?

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Look it up by name on mycase. If the cause number has an "IF" between the two numerics, it is an infraction and no warrant. If it is a "CM" then it is a criminal misdemeanor and a warrant is likely. It will look something like this:

48H01-1212-IF-00034 or 48E02-1212-CM-00034

If you click on the case, the CCS should tell you what has happened to date. If you have further questions, send me a PM.

Edit: they also may have town court or two that aren't on mycase. I think Elwood is one of those.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom