• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So My son and 3 of his friends are going to have a Range day. 2 are in Jr Rotc with him and one is in Ag with him . All are very responsible and respectful. well last night my son was on X box chatting with all of them and another friend, who over heard their plans. My son invites the fourth with the expectation that he needs to demonstrate safe handling and explain why the 4 rules are important. My son tells him he is welcome come over this week before range day to learn safe handling.

Well I get this text from his mom today ripping me up one side and down the other, about how it's not fair,her son should have do any thing of the sort and how I am not his parent.

I guess I made her mad when my response was i don't care,if he does not think safety is important then he is free to not come then.

Then I was told I was a helicopter parent so be it then.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Wow...

Edit: If the mother is that immature, then I think it likely the son won't be the best either.

Last edited:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    It would be a shame if the young man didn’t get to learn some gun safety and enjoy range time because of mom. Perhaps inviting her along might help?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    It would be a shame if the young man didn’t get to learn some gun safety and enjoy range time because of mom. Perhaps inviting her along might help?
    That was my thought as well, that was my 5th rule parents have to be on board. Unfortunately some think Call of Duty is all you need to know.

I always have a cooler stocked at the Range with Soda, water, and believe it or not Sweet Tea. One of my son's friends Dad even shoots with us. Nice people they even offer to help clean up.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think it’s arguable the “helicopter parent” would be the parent calling another parent to complain about their house rules. Not to mention, it doesn’t sound like you had anything to do with it. Sounds you have a responsible child who took it upon himself to make sure his fathers wishes and rules were followed. +1 to your son.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think it’s arguable the “helicopter parent” would be the parent calling another parent to complain about their house rules. Not to mention, it doesn’t sound like you had anything to do with it. Sounds you have a responsible child who took it upon himself to make sure his fathers wishes and rules were followed. +1 to your son.

Bingo. Way to many idiot parents looking for reasons to be offended.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Even though all my kids have had both my training and formal training in safe gun handling, I would be ecstatic if someone wanted to give them a refresher and double check their knowledge.

61rWNJvbFmL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011

Yes that's exactly it I could not be more proud of him. My wife and I are very blessed.

Top Bottom