• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Well, I'd hoped never to be on the OP side of a thread like this, but since I've witnessed INGO pull together and support members dealing with life's tough times, I figured I'd reach out.

My fourth child and second son was delivered by c-section at 1:44am, after my wife went into labor approximately 6 weeks before her due date. He weighed in a hair over 5lbs 2oz. His lungs are under-developed and he's working to expel liquid from his lungs. He's been in the NICU all night, the prognosis is fairly good at this point (that is, it could be way worse), but he'll likely remain here for at least a couple weeks assuming no worsening of his condition.

So, in whatever way you might throw good thoughts somebody's way - - - be it through prayer or some of that good ol' hippy dippy positive energy - - - we could use some thrown this way. I love this little man, and will be by his side until we get to take him home. I won't be leaving. They are going to have to drag me out if they want me gone. I'm taking leave from work, lining up childcare for my other kids, and planting my rather large ass in a chair next to his bed. My wife isn't going to be at full capacity for a while, so dad is stepping up. I'm ready for the long haul.

I'm sitting here and the sun is rising on the first dawn of my son's life. I hope it's the first of many.

2uiyqki.jpg

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Positive thoughts your way. My daughter was born 16 weeks early and weighed 23.9 ounces. INGO has been an amazing part of her story and she even tried to take ATM’s gun when she was 5 :). She’s 11 now and doing great. It’ll be stressful but hang in there, he’s beautiful!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Prayers inbound.

And dont neglect you. He's in good hands. Take breaks, get sleep. The WHOLE family needs you, so don't go too crazy trying to spend every minute there. I'm sure he'll pull through. Modern medicine is really good at things like this.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Positive thoughts your way. My daughter was born 16 weeks early and weighed 23.9 ounces. INGO has been an amazing part of her story and she even tried to take ATM’s gun when she was 5 :). She’s 11 now and doing great. It’ll be stressful but hang in there, he’s beautiful!

Wow. Not only is she a miracle, but real, actual proof that OC's only natural weakness is 5 year olds.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Wow. Not only is she a miracle, but real, actual proof that OC's only natural weakness is 5 year olds.
    Hahahahahahahaha, great one.
    My thoughts are with you on this. As others stated, be sure to take care of yourself too. Healthcare has come long ways dealing with premature babies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Our friend's 1st was a premature birth. The mother had to have the shot that makes the child's organs develop faster for the life-saving birth. The parents spent many months in the NICU. They were constantly running to the house and to restaurants. She was in the little incubator box with the feeding tube and was so very tiny. We visited a couple times as they were down in an Indy hospital. I still remember having to get all scrubbed down just to enter that wing of the hospital. We even watched the baby pull out the feeding tube. I was told she did this often. If you talk to the parents now, they can't even imagine attempting to do that again. A lot of boredom. My one buddy was taking a foam cleanser at one point and was making snowman. LSS, she is now a fifth grader and good as gold.
    prayers and good thought heading your what.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Good luck! 34w isn’t too bad as far as premie goes. 5# is a great weight also. Adorable little guy. We’ll be praying for his health and your family

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Our first was 6 weeks premature. He was 4 pounds 11 ounces so I have some idea of what you are going through. Prayers sent for you, your son and your family.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    prayer sent.
    My son was born 26 weeks (14 early). 1lb, 14oz. 3 months in NICU. He's 10 yrs old now!
    Was very close to loosing my wife also (HELLP syndrome).
    He had a lot of lung issues... several weeks on respirator, then CPAP, then o2. He came home on o2 and was on it for another 3 mo or so. No lung issues today, or asthma, etc.
    Your kid looks huge and healthy! :) He'll be great and soon this will all be behind you.
    Those NICU people are awesome, and I can only imaging in 10 years the technology and techniques have improved.
    -rvb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom