• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Anyone going to the Air Show this weekend? Should be a blast. I live a mile from the airport and have been doing fly overs all day. I think I am going Sunday.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'll be there Sunday. My daughter and another cadet from her Civil Air Patrol squadron are volunteering to work "security" on the flight line. My wife and I will be chaperoning them.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    going for the 1st time, taking the family. Just got an email tonight from the airshow people that parking is going to be limited because of all the rain they have had. Is there any near by parking?

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    going for the 1st time, taking the family. Just got an email tonight from the airshow people that parking is going to be limited because of all the rain they have had. Is there any near by parking?
    That’s the issue. They’re expecting 15,000 cars each day and don’t know where to park them. I’d heard maybe the mall and then shuttle buses?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    they just announced that all grass parking will be closed due to the rain. Not sure where they're going to put all the cars. We have friends that live on 42, literally right across the street from the airport....... that's where we will be watching from ;)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    they just announced that all grass parking will be closed due to the rain. Not sure where they're going to put all the cars. We have friends that live on 42, literally right across the street from the airport....... that's where we will be watching from ;)

Your friends have room for a couple Harleys? :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Parking wasn’t a problem today. Decent show and nice weather. It was kinda lame that the static displays are closed during show hours.

My BIL and I did get a stern talking to from a THPD officer for riding on the shoulder. He claimed to be a rider, but I suspect he and I have different interpretations of what that means. I’m not sitting in a bumper-to-bumper stand-still on an air cooled bike when it’s near 90° out... I’ll find a way around.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was fortunate to park in a paved lot behind the FAA building on airport property. Didn't get to look at a whole lot due to following Civil Air Patrol cadets around. The F-22 demonstration flight was freaking awesome.

Top Bottom