• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They'll regret that, or the officer's will anyway. Nothing like spending tax payer money on something to tell a part of the story. Why bother when you've got social and conventional media already doing that for you?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They'll regret that, or the officer's will anyway. Nothing like spending tax payer money on something to tell a part of the story. Why bother when you've got social and conventional media already doing that for you?

What he said.

If this was "in addition to", but this reads "instead of".

This is not good.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The only question I have is does this camera have an on-off switch? Because if it does I'm betting it gets "accidentally" and "conveniently" turned off - a lot.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That would be a horrible idea as the "cover-up" plays worse than anything.

Yup. And when the technology fails the assumption is "cover up", not that it would exonerate officers...despite body cam footage doing that waaaay more than incriminating. I know everyone here has never had a computer driven technology lock up or fail, or have a hard drive corrupted or anything. It just never happens.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Nor can I see how a gun-mounted camera in place of a body camera is going to improve anything. The article says the company began researching gun-mounted cameras after the Michael Brown Ferguson MO case, but I don't see how a gun-mounted camera would have helped -- we know who got shot and who did the shooting, the questions were about what happened before hand, which a bodycamera would have been more likely to record.

This is ????

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Until the technology is available to 100% match the visual acuity of an officer, track his eye movements, detect his plane of focus and record what, and only what that officer actually saw, these cameras will never tell an accurate story.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Would help for malpractice cases too. I need a 360 degree gimbal that I can work inside. Constantly record everything. Then I don’t have to chart either. Would be cool

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Would help for malpractice cases too. I need a 360 degree gimbal that I can work inside. Constantly record everything. Then I don’t have to chart either. Would be cool

Yeah....I'm gonna suggest against that. I get the not charting thing, but for my specialty.....no.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yup. And when the technology fails the assumption is "cover up", not that it would exonerate officers...despite body cam footage doing that waaaay more than incriminating. I know everyone here has never had a computer driven technology lock up or fail, or have a hard drive corrupted or anything. It just never happens.

I don't always assume that. But when an officer here in IN gets caught on tape saying "Is that recording, I know how to delete it, do you want me to delete it for you" when referring to another officer's body cam. It does make you wonder a bit.

Until the technology is available to 100% match the visual acuity of an officer, track his eye movements, detect his plane of focus and record what, and only what that officer actually saw, these cameras will never tell an accurate story.

I'll have to disagree. It can tell an accurate story, what the officer did or didn't see is a different story.

Top Bottom