• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Has anyone had luck controlling/killing Greenbriar and multifloral rose on their property? My blackberries were over-run with greenbriar this year and didn't produce much. Roundup doesn't seem to do anything to them and cutting it back only slows it down a bit.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My folks have about 50 acres of fenced and wooded cow "pasture" that their small herd has roam of. MFR all over the place. I wish I could go in and nuke it chemically - but they're now a certified organic farm and can't use any herbicides like that. And I don't have the time to go at it mechanically like I want to. :-(

It would probably take 1 or 2 people an entire work week to mechanically cut all that crap.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My folks have about 50 acres of fenced and wooded cow "pasture" that their small herd has roam of. MFR all over the place. I wish I could go in and nuke it chemically - but they're now a certified organic farm and can't use any herbicides like that. And I don't have the time to go at it mechanically like I want to. :-(

It would probably take 1 or 2 people an entire work week to mechanically cut all that crap.

Rent a bobcat for a couple of days. Then you just need to reseed and keep it mowed. Autumn olive is worse than MFR to eliminate. Hate that crap.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    True. Not too bad, either.

Goat rental is also an option. They will eat about anything, thorny or otherwise, so it's best to turn them loose well after the spring wildflower season.

http://rentagoat.com/indiana/

That is really confusing. Site says located in IN, but only services California addresses.

ervices:

Brush Clearing
    Crandall, Indiana

Free Estimate
    For a free estimate please fill in the details below. Please note we only service California and have a minimum of 3 Acres per job site to ensure our herd of 4,000+ animals aren't being moved around too often. Thank you for your interest!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    That is really confusing. Site says located in IN, but only services California addresses.

ervices:

Brush Clearing
    Crandall, Indiana

Free Estimate
    For a free estimate please fill in the details below. Please note we only service California and have a minimum of 3 Acres per job site to ensure our herd of 4,000+ animals aren't being moved around too often. Thank you for your interest!
    Yeah, I noticed that. Maybe because we allow assault goats here, or because they only have goat ropers in CA:
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goat roper

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Dang. You have weird deer. Most of the greenbriar here is kept nipped back pretty good. Our deer seem to love the stuff.

deer on my place won't touch it.....i would have to dig up 3/4 of my woods to get rid of it......i hate that ****!!!!

and too.....if you don't dig it up and get all of it it will come back.....i have tried....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Deer here in the GSF eat the greenbriar and some sort of fungal disease has been killing the MFR. Leaves turn white and the plant dies, there's a few left.

Top Bottom