• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Mom and Pop gas station has a check cashing business too.

Wife goes to bank to get $75K in cash.

Teller texts boyfriend and associates outside.

Boyfriend and two male associates follow wife to gas station in a car rented by the teller, who later tells police that the car was stolen earlier that day, but apparently she forgot to report that on her way to work.

Anyway.

As wife gets out of her car right in front of the door to her office, the rented car passes by and one of the associates bails out of the back seat, dashes to the woman, and grabs her purse. Wife refuses to let go, and ends up getting dragged around, even breaks free at one point, but gets tackled again. Husband sees what's happening and runs out to defend. Another associate hops out of the car and brawl ensues, with woman getting beaten and dragged all around.

Harris County Precinct 4 (I think) deputy constable happens to drive by and see altercation. At same time boyfriend, driving the rented car, sees the constable. Boyfriend throws the car in reverse and backs up, striking the husband and running over the wife (really over both of them, but wife gets the worst part). I think the wife is still holding the purse, maybe it's the husband. Boyfriend drives forward, associate holding purse jumps in back seat and manages to drag purse away from couple, and car leaves scene. The constable is able to catch on of the robbers. Police quickly catch another robber and the teller, still looking for fourth member last I looked.

The wife is back home with broken shoulder and ribs (amazing that it's not worse), husband has bumps and bruises. The teller is charged with robbery, the two captured males charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.

Security vid (it's not pleasant to watch):
    [video=youtube;GBSWpkhe3Yk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBSWpkhe3Yk[/video]

Whoops. Forgot a link.
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/3rd-arrest-made-in-violent-attempted-robbery-caught-on-camera

Also, this is Houston.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Why am I not surprised both of those **** birds had their pants down to the tops of their knees and their underwear hanging out?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That was intense. If my wife had to carry $75k in a purse, I think that would be a good one to choose.

Serious question though: would deadly force have been justified before they attacked with the car?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My grandma asked my mom to get something out of her purse. My mom opened her purse and asked, "What's all this money doing in your purse?" My grandma asked, "what money", looks in her purse and said, "oh yeah, that's the office payroll. I forgot it was in there." My mom asked, "how much is in there?" $40,000.

HOW CAN YOU FORGET ABOUT $40,000?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    A few observations:

The robbers would have been more agile had they been able to keep their pants up around their waists.

Perhaps the ethnicity of the shop owners contributed to their choice to defend (?)

Should the “wife” have called ahead to her husband to let him know she was approaching so he could meet her at the back door ?

Is it appropriate to ask if the business owners carried insurance that would have made them whole in the event of sustaining a loss ? Perhaps there was no insurance and any successful theft would mean the business owners would have to sustain the loss themselves.

Is it possible the “robbers” had previously used the check cashing services of th establishment and, in retrospect, decided they had been charged far in excess of standard usury when they wanted to cash a $100 check and were charged $50 so they were just trying to get a refund ?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I rarely go all "He/She should have had a gun", but come on, you are transporting $75K in cash and you are not armed?

I carry all the time, even in banks.
    When I was the Finance Officer at my American Legion Post, I would be in their bank at least once a week.
    Once I had to make over a $6k deposit.
    So I'm talking to the cashiers and one of them comes around where I am, I think to go to the desks.
    She sees my gun, and asks, "Why do you have a gun?"
    One of the other cashiers laughs, and says, "Why do you think we call him Man With A Gun"?
    "I don't know", she replied.

So I held up the money pouch, and said, "You don't think this is a good reason? Besides, even with no money I carry it. My life is worth it. You never know when someone will do harm, or a dog or animal might attack someone".

Top Bottom