My Dad needs your prayers...I do too.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's taken a few days to get up the nerve to post this...A conversation (confession?) I just had with Foz via PM made me decide to go ahead and reach out to INGO....

Many of you know my dad, you've hung out with him here at the shop or spoke to him at various gun shows where he and my uncle prowl around like twin sharks looking for a deal....I set a goal in my life to be half the man my dad is and I'm not there yet...Not because I am bad but because he is so good...I've not been myself lately and rather than losing it over nothing and getting banned or having you all wonder why fun loving, merry prankster Indiucky seems to be a little melancholy all of a sudden I thought I would just explain....

We've known something was wrong for a bit...My brother, who is a radiography/MRI tech, sort of diagnosed his x rays but we had to get the blood work back to be certain...We got that yesterday...Dad was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a rare and incurable form of cancer...It's in about 1/2 dozen places mostly along his rib cage....There is no getting away from this...There is no cure...I am not asking for prayers for a cure, just for the Lord to give him some more time and let it be pain free as it can...Let he, my brother and I get a couple of more seasons of bird hunting in....Let dad see his grandchildren graduate and maybe even get married....I ask that you pray that the Lord gives me the strength to stand tall and handle the oldest son's burden's (which my younger brother, due to his medical background, is actually handling) that are sure to come...We don't show emotion in our family, at least the men don't...So I'm allowed to talk to dad about anything but this...We just sort of talk around it and grin at each other if you can imagine such a thing.....

When he and mom came in to give me the news there was just silence...I looked at dad and said, "Damn...well I guess you and I both learnt a new word today..." He looked up at me and grinned..."Yeah boy...And she's a doozie of a word..." Then we both chuckled and got a stern look from mom...We've been getting those looks for years....

Dad is kind of quiet about such things so i ask you INGOer's if you see him at a gun show or here at the shop to just treat him no different than you always have...Maybe let him know you're thinking about him.....

"Steer clear me Jesus through the coming storm..."

Mondo Cosmo "Shine"

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Unfortunately, I know a bit of what you are dealing with.

I know....I thought about you and your dad when I got the news.....It hurts Hough....I have a very high tolerance of physically pain...I can compartmentalize it, so much so that I nearly died from ignoring it a couple of years ago....But I don't have it for this kind of pain...

My wife caught me staring at nothing last night in a trance...Just stuck....

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I don't know you Mr Ucky, but from what I've read on here you are a good hearted person. Spend your days well and know that you and yours will be in our prayers.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Prayers outbound for your dad, you, and your family.

We went through a similar situation 3 years ago, too.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Rick, I know you well enough to say that you have the strength of character to provide plenty of support for your Dad and Mom through this.

Of course, I will pray for you all.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    On my prayer list. Hang in there. Squeeze all the juice you can out of the time left. Get him to tell you family stories and make some recordings for the youngsters in the family.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Indiucky, you, your Dad and your entire family have my prayers, and for things you wish especially. I'm new around here, but this sure seems like a great bunch. It's great that you and your Dad have made some real friends on Ingo. My advice is to not hesitate to lean on them, and for what it's worth, myself as well. I have also been where you are, and know some of what you and your family are experiencing. Take care.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom