• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It sounds like there will be a choice of front/mid for the first few years from what I've heard.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I read about this a few months ago. Again.

One difference was - and I think this is kinda cool - moving towards a hybrid electric that has motors on the 4 wheels, in addition to the mid-engine. That could be a couple iterations later, or for another vehicle/model, but I think that is neat concept.

Yes, I'll believe it when I see it, but if I had the means, I would probably get one.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    4 words, 2 letters.

Pontiac Fiero with turbo LS

[video=youtube;dHFZQpjINOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHFZQpjINOc[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    https://jalopnik.com/see-and-hear-the-mid-engine-2020-corvette-run-the-nurbu-1828810851

No thanks. Old cranky guys but 'Vettes, and we want the Vettes we lusted after as youngsters. I get it, chase a new demographic by going more and more Euro...but blech.

You're right about who buys them. Maybe there aren't enough old cranky guys with money to buy enough cars to keep it going?

If so, it seems like just creating a new vehicle with a different name would be a better idea if they're trying to push into a different demographic.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They killed off the Fiero when it was getting interesting.

Introduced with the no-power, boat-anchor-heavy 2.5L Iron Duke and a 4 speed. Eventually, it got the 2.8L V6 and a 5 speed. The 2.8 was not a powerhouse, but it eventually became a 3.4L DOHC. Even as the 2.8L, in that little thing, it had get up and go. It also outgrew its Chevette front suspension and started to turn by about ‘87.

Top Bottom