• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Do I need to remind you guys not to store your Dynamite in the Candle drawer?

They say it was a quarter stick of dynamite but that would have killed her.
    Connecticut mom suffers 'extreme' injuries after lighting dynamite she mistook for candle: officials | Fox News

This link says it was an M-1000 which has different powder than actual dynamite. I don't recall that M-1000s looked like candles because you light the fuse in the middle. What ever it was, it still sounds like it hurt.
    https://www.wtnh.com/news/unusual-s...-dynamite-for-candle-in-bridgeport/1424556007

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I'd expect this from Wile E. Coyote.
    Hip_Hip_Hur_Hurry_Wile_E.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Store dynamite with the candles? That's crazy talk. I prefer to keep my explosives with the matches and blasting caps in the back of my truck. :n00b:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    They called it dynamite even though it certainly wasn't dynamite. I feel like that fits as fake news.

When I was younger, all 1/4 sticks were called dynamite. Not that that means it is right, but it's not "fake".....maybe we were wrong, maybe they are wrong? Somebody is wrong?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    An M80 is NOT dynamite!! Just like a pistol and 200 rounds of ammo is NOT an arsenal, and a semi auto weapon is NOT a machine gun. STUPID MEDIA spoon feeding the sheepies

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    When I was younger, all 1/4 sticks were called dynamite. Not that that means it is right, but it's not "fake".....maybe we were wrong, maybe they are wrong? Somebody is wrong?

The reporting includes something that is demonstrably false. I guess we just have different expectations from news media.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The reporting includes something that is demonstrably false. I guess we just have different expectations from news media.

True. Dynamite, invented by Alfred Nobel, is made with Nitro-Glycerine, and REQUIRES a blasting cap to detonate it. M80's and "quarter sticks" are made of flash powder, and are fuse lit. They are TOTALLY different from each other, both in their function AND their strength/power.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Dynamite has just became sort of a generic term for explosives in stick form. Sort of like nobody asks for a facial tissue, regardless of if the box actually contains Kleenex or not. Dynamite gets unstable as it ages, and at least in the military isn't really used any longer. I don't know about civilian blasting, but TNT replaced it in the military. TNT, C-4, and Comp B were what we used.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Dynamite has just became sort of a generic term for explosives in stick form. Sort of like nobody asks for a facial tissue, regardless of if the box actually contains Kleenex or not.

So, does that make a firecracker (an explosive in stick form) "dynamite"?

i can see the news headline now: "12 sticks of dynamite confiscated from 8 year old on school grounds" - oh the horror of dynamite (firecrackers)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom