Dallas officer shoots man in apartment she thought was hers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Oh man that stinks. I’d be curious if she was looking at her phone as she walked into the building

i found out my badge gets me into the women’s locker room that way

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Some of the comments from residents at the end of the story were amazingly stupid.

Really? What in particular was “amazingly stupid”? I guess I’ve seen enough “stupid” that my bar for “amazing” is pretty high!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    From the article:

(Well now I can't get back into it without paying)

Paraphrasing ....

One person moved there from Chicago and said after this they would not leave the door unlocked any longer.

There were a couple more things that went beyond stupid in my opinion.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    From what I've been hearing from various news bits and pieces, she got off on the wrong floor, walked to "her" apartment, and was trying to get her key to work in the door lock when the occupant opened the door. She shot him.

Last I read the police are pursuing manslaughter charges against her.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    "But I won't be leaving my door unlocked anymore; that's for sure." -- The Neighbor This is Dallas, not Zionsville. Lock your doors!!

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    "But I won't be leaving my door unlocked anymore; that's for sure." -- The Neighbor This is Dallas, not Zionsville. Lock your doors!!

Just so you know - folks in Zionsville lock their doors too. We’ve heard a rumor of hordes of zombies coming from Avon to invade.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just so you know - folks in Zionsville lock their doors too. We’ve heard a rumor of hordes of zombies coming from Avon to invade.

That's not a rumor, we point our zombies north west :mullet: need a zombie emoji.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Serious thread bump here (no zombies). The 2017 shooting described below sounds legit to me. The one from Thursday??
    [h=1]Amber Guyger, police officer named in Dallas fatal shooting, shot a suspect in 2017: report[/h]
    Guyger faced no charges following a May 12, 2017, incident in which police say she shot and wounded Uvaldo Perez after a struggle that resulted in Perez taking Guyger's stun gun, according to an affidavit reviewed by the Morning News.

Perez ultimately entered a plea deal in February 2018, admitting he took a weapon from an officer, possessed illegal drugs and violated his parole, the newspaper reported. He was sentenced to two years in prison.

Amber Guyger, police officer named in Dallas fatal shooting, shot a suspect in 2017: report | Fox News

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't know... I keep waiting to hear how drunk she was in the last shooting. I think I would have to be pretty liquored up to walk into an apartment, see a strange person and then not notice that nothing in the apartment belongs to me.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I don't know... I keep waiting to hear how drunk she was in the last shooting. I think I would have to be pretty liquored up to walk into an apartment, see a strange person and then not notice that nothing in the apartment belongs to me.

Ex-tenant of mine had a friend who got wasted, was taken to another place to sleep it off but decided to go back to the party. She stumbled down the road and found the wrong apartment. It was unlocked so she went in, walked upstairs and disrobed in a bedroom. Tenant of that place freaked out... LEO was called in and all the happy stuff that happens when someone is drunk and full of heroin ensued.

I found out the next day. At least nobody was seriously injured.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Did he have a weapon in his hand?

Why does her past shooting come into play? If she was a civilian or a cop and had a past shooting if it was ruled a good shoot then it doesnt have anything to do with now.
    Shes a cop, some cops get into shootings one in their careers possibly. Some more maybe, some none. It's her profession and not any indicator. I ****ing hate the media

It's sad that this seemed to happen to a good guy. I just am wondering why she went to her gun and fired? If they file charges the it will seem others wonder the same. I'll wait to see the facts

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So as facts actually come out, she never entered the apartment. She got off on the wrong floor, tried to open the door with her key and couldn't get in. The resident then opened the door:

When she arrived home, she took the elevator to a floor that was not hers. She then went to what she thought was her door, put the key in and struggled with the lock. Guyger then put down several things she was holding and continued to fight with the key when the resident swung open the door and startled her. Guyger believed Jean, who was wearing only underwear, was an intruder and shot him with her service weapon. It wasn't until police and rescue units began arriving that she realized she was not at her apartment. Once realizing her deadly mistake, she became emotional and fully cooperated with officers, including offering to provide blood samples.

She'll be eating a manslaughter charge.

Source: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dallas-Officer-Fatally-Shoots-Man-492675981.html

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So as facts actually come out, she never entered the apartment. She got off on the wrong floor, tried to open the door with her key and couldn't get in. The resident then opened the door:

She'll be eating a manslaughter charge.

Source: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dallas-Officer-Fatally-Shoots-Man-492675981.html

You called it BBI...

[h=1]Female Dallas cop who killed man in his home charged with manslaughter[/h]
    A white Dallas police officer who shot and killed a black man in his apartment after she mistook it for her own has been arrested and charged with manslaughter, authorities said Sunday.

Officer Amber Guyger, 30, was booked into the Kaufman County Jail Sunday evening after Texas Rangers arrested her in connection with the shooting of 26-year-old Botham Jean. She was later released after posting a $300,000 bond.

Female Dallas cop who killed man in his home charged with manslaughter | Fox News

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have heard many bad cover stories in my 24 years. This is in the top 5.

He was stooping her. Had a side piece. She found out and killed him.

Let's set the over/under at 15 years.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    You called it BBI...

Female [STRIKE]Dallas cop [/STRIKE]who killed man in his home charged with manslaughter

A woman [STRIKE]white Dallas police officer [/STRIKE]who shot and killed a [STRIKE] black[/STRIKE] man in his apartment after she mistook it for her own has been arrested and charged with manslaughter, authorities said Sunday.

[STRIKE]Officer [/STRIKE]Amber Guyger, 30, was booked into the Kaufman County Jail Sunday evening after Texas Rangers arrested her in connection with the shooting of 26-year-old Botham Jean. She was later released after posting a $300,000 bond.

Female Dallas cop who killed man in his home charged with manslaughter | Fox News

Why was it necessary to include so much irrelevant information in the news media?

Top Bottom