• ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Hello guys and gals!
    I took a break for awhile on INGO and recently gained a huge interest in the forum again. Years back, i used photobucket to load pictures. Now that things on the site have been upgraded from years past, how do i post larger high quality pictures to a post? When i view a thread, some of them have larger pictures that automatically download. I have been clicking on the photo icon and just loading them from my photo gallery on my IPAD. By doing this, it reduces the picture so small that people have to click on it to get a larger view.
    How do you all do it?

Thanks in advance!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

Imgur is great for desktop. But the mobile app is purely for brainstemming other people's content, not for sharing your own. So if you want to post pics from your phone (and who doesn't have their pics on a phone?) Imgur is turrible, just turrible.

It's amazing to me that in 2018 something as basic as sharing a picture online from your phone is so absurdly difficult. FB seems to have it figured out, hmmm.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Imgur is great for desktop. But the mobile app is purely for brainstemming other people's content, not for sharing your own. So if you want to post pics from your phone (and who doesn't have their pics on a phone?) Imgur is turrible, just turrible.

It's amazing to me that in 2018 something as basic as sharing a picture online from your phone is so absurdly difficult. FB seems to have it figured out, hmmm.

Not done the pic thing from my phone to Imgur. I always send the pic to my e-mail and grab it from my lap top so not in tune with it.
    I know a lot of folks that do use Imgur with the phone. Just curious, did you read the steps in the link I posted...???
    Again I have not tried it just curious.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Not done the pic thing from my phone to Imgur. I always send the pic to my e-mail and grab it from my lap top so not in tune with it.
    I know a lot of folks that do use Imgur with the phone. Just curious, did you read the steps in the link I posted...???
    Again I have not tried it just curious.

I've wrestled with this quite a bit. At least for iOS and iPhones, the Imgur mobile app will not allow you to get share links for any pic you upload. You *must* use the desktop interface through a browser to get share links.

You can't even use Safari on iOS to get the links. And the mobile-browser interface is nothing but USE THE APP, GET THE APP spam. Then you get the apps and have a giant "WTH?" moment.

Lame, but true.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've wrestled with this quite a bit. At least for iOS and iPhones, the Imgur mobile app will not allow you to get share links for any pic you upload. You *must* use the desktop interface through a browser to get share links.

You can't even use Safari on iOS to get the links. And the mobile-browser interface is nothing but USE THE APP, GET THE APP spam. Then you get the apps and have a giant "WTH?" moment.

Lame, but true.

It is sad that we (Ingo) have to jump these hurdles but the format we run on is just a bit long in the tooth. Upgrades are not free.....or cheap so here we are.

Top Bottom