Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
    You just made my point, thank you for taking the time.
    As a Real A&P Let me congratulate you on almost becoming a A&P.

Plinker

User Info Menu

As Ggreen has said there are a lot of shady things pilots try to do to their aircraft to save money. As an A&P IA whos name/liability is on the line when signing off an annual it is our job to make sure the pilot/owner haven't modified or tried to sneak anything illegal past us. It is our job to make sure the AD's have been complied with before signing off an annual whether the owner wants to comply with it or not. If they don't want to make the aircraft legal than I don't sign off the annual simple as that. Thankfully I work for a private company and don't have to deal with the general
    populous of pilot out in the GA world or have to keep and maintain any specialized tools for the various aircraft out there. By the way these tools can be expensive hence why shop rates are where they are.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flyguyxii View Post
    As a Real A&P Let me congratulate you on almost becoming a A&P.
    Do you dispute the fraud?

Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
    You just made my point, thank you for taking the time.
    Your welcome, please feel free to throw mud at my house anytime. And make sure to keep telling your pilot friends that A&P's are scum bags out to scam, I love getting paid to fix all the mx that "mechanics, mechanical engineers, almost A&P's" do to their airplane. I've been called worse by better, but I've never lied, cheated or scammed a pilot or owner. I know a few hacks, but they don't last, I know more pilots that can't afford to own an aircraft and blame it on technicians. Shop rates in GA is 60 an hour, shop rate at the local chevy dealership is 80+.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post

Dispute the fraud as in the almost A&P yes I do. I will however add that just like any profession there are bad people on both sides. I will also add that you cant generalize all A&P's or pilots into one group or another. Its a small community and you have to let the frauds speak for themselves.

User Info Menu

Sometimes. I've literally been called and asked if me or my boss would sign an annual on a cub that crashed after contact with a power line while the pilot and passenger were picking off coyotes at the Hanford area in Wa state... So yeah there is a lot of fraud that goes on, but it's very rarely on the end of the mechanic.

User Info Menu

There’s plenty of fraud in medicine too. Just curious what was being disputed here
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

There’s plenty of fraud in medicine too. Just curious what was being disputed here
    Flightsimmer wanted to make a point about a&p's and the FAA's mx regs being a fraud because this wheel fell off. First there are no real facts that I've seen about what happened. Second, owners and pilots are expressly authorized to change tires, oil and other standard tasks. So yeah, I dispute the fraud claims based on lack of intel on the actual event. Most flight instructors I know that operate their own aircraft do as much mx as they can without an A&P to save money, in this case there is no telling. There is also no telling on whether or not structural fatigue caused this fail, I have personally worked a Cherokee 140 that had a gear leg separate at the knuckle due to hard landings, it's just cast aluminum with a steel axle pressed in. So yeah this guy calling fraud is just mad because the FAA, and prior CAA made rules that require aircraft mx to be done by certified mechanics whose initial and continuing education is closely monitored for public safety reasons. Airplane engines don't stop and let you pull over, they seize and the aircraft proceeds to the crash site.

User Info Menu

Stuff break.
    That happens.
    It is not possible to predict the life of every piece of equipment.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Stuff break.
    That happens.
    It is not possible to predict the life of every piece of equipment.
    Truth, there is a major push from the aviation industry to move maintenance from preventative based on engineering guesses to on condition mx. But that Cherokee landing gear is an issue. A lot of those little airplanes live lives of students bouncing them off of pavement over and over for the last 30 years of their lives, its more common on them than people admit. If no one gets a picture groups of airport people work to hide the incident to keep the big bad faa away, and that is how dangerous trends seem like one off tragedies in aviation.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast