• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Once one adds someone to their ignore list, is there any way to block seeing their posts as quoted by others? Asking for a friend who has a low tolerance for things. Tanks.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This is why there is the constant temptation to start /ignore listing people that quote the people on your /ignore list.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Or rail on about 'freedom of speech' and completely miss the 'freedom to ignore' option...

Not sure why someone would sign up for a discussion forum then put people on ignore.

Anyway, this is INGO, not the public square. You're only free to ignore what someone doesn't quote. :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Once one adds someone to their ignore list, is there any way to block seeing their posts as quoted by others? Asking for a friend who has a low tolerance for things. Tanks.

No, because if there was Rhino would only see blank pages.

Not sure why someone would sign up for a discussion forum then put people on ignore.

I don't think there are any active members on my ignore list. I use my "ignore" list primarily as a means to eliminate the person from buying/selling considerations. Some folks are just wound to tight for me to do business with.

That said, some people just aren't worth the time to "discuss" with. Not because they disagree, but because they are the Internet equivalent of the guy with the bullhorn on the street corner yelling that Taco Tuesday is the work of the lizard people and is hastening the end of days.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    We shouldn't be ignoring people. If they are flawed individuals, we should use our words to correct them, and ultimately to fix them. For instance, you misspelled 'thanks'. See there; you are corrected, and on your way to being fixed! :patriot:
    Oh, and you're welcome.

P.s.: where does that phrase come from: 'you're welcome' ? Welcome to what, in response to your thank you?

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My ignore list is forum-independent.

just-keep-scrolling-aofdsm.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just in case...

No, that's part of the joy.

It's a feature, not a bug. ;)

Ahh, the nostalgia that statement brings of my old system test days. *sigh*:)

This is why there is the constant temptation to start /ignore listing people that quote the people on your /ignore list.

I try not to quote the members more logically on my fellow INGOers ignore lists.

I wonder how many people who have ignore lists laugh and make fun of liberals and their "safe spaces."

Or rail on about 'freedom of speech' and completely miss the 'freedom to ignore' option...

Anyway, this is INGO, not the public square. You're only free to ignore what someone doesn't quote. :):

LOL, well that makes it entirely more interesting [begins her hunt for those on any ignore list to begin quoting].

Quoted so the OP can see this.

Never used the ignore function. Now I can't.

No, because if there was Rhino would only see blank pages.

I don't think there are any active members on my ignore list. I use my "ignore" list primarily as a means to eliminate the person from buying/selling considerations. Some folks are just wound to tight for me to do business with.

That said, some people just aren't worth the time to "discuss" with. Not because they disagree, but because they are the Internet equivalent of the guy with the bullhorn on the street corner yelling that Taco Tuesday is the work of the lizard people and is hastening the end of days.

We shouldn't be ignoring people. If they are flawed individuals, we should use our words to correct them, and ultimately to fix them. For instance, you misspelled 'thanks'. See there; you are corrected, and on your way to being fixed! :patriot:
    Oh, and you're welcome.

P.s.: where does that phrase come from: 'you're welcome' ? Welcome to what, in response to your thank you?

Him: Tanks!

Me: You're armored personnel carriers!

My ignore list is forum-independent.

just-keep-scrolling-aofdsm.jpg

This. I scrolled right past post #12.

:)

Top Bottom