Kroger: Brisket for $1.99/lb until Tuesday midnight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Correction. She LIED. She got the brisket. Now I need to make a rub and figure out how to slow cook it on a charcoal grill. Yeah I saw it this morning when I left for work and she said it was chops.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Never really priced it out. Whats the normal rate? (trying to decide if there is room in the freezer, and if its worth the wife yelling at me for buying extra meat for the smoker two days in a row... Decided to make poor man's burnt ends and bought a chuck roast)

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Haven't shopped Kroger in years for a variety of reasons. I did clue a relative in on this deal yesterday and he went to the Elkhart north store last evening to not find any. When he ask, the meat dept guy pretty much told him they haven't had briskets and didn't know if any were expected..... Is this the way Krogers are run in your area?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm heading to my Kroger here in a little bit. Gonna ask for a rain check if they're out (and I won't be surprised if they are out). I don't know that I've ever seen them carry brisket, other than corned beef brisket. Oh, and they do have it in their weekly ad, so that price should be good through Wednesday.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Never really priced it out. Whats the normal rate? (trying to decide if there is room in the freezer, and if its worth the wife yelling at me for buying extra meat for the smoker two days in a row... Decided to make poor man's burnt ends and bought a chuck roast)
    Love me a chuckie on the smoker. Are they still BOGO? Oh, and as to the regular price of brisket:
    02dc67564e8fa4ffcc6a37907490ee55.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    OP, thanks much for the awesome heads up!

I have hit three Kroger's so far for a total of 10 briskets and 2 rain checks. Going rate at Sams/GFS/Costco lately has been around 3.29 lb for choice, and 379 for prime. These are choice and look to be pretty decent cuts.

I saw no reason to half measure it:

ZJjyBu.jpg

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

Now I wish I had a smoker.

Top Bottom