ADT monitoring promotional rates (for existing customers)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My ADT rate has crept up from $25 to $41/month. I was considering changing over to Simplisafe and called ADT to whine about their rates. If you don't bite at their first few offers, they'll reduce you to $15.99/mo for 6 months and $29.99/mo from then on without signing a new contract. If you want to do a 2 year contract, they'll do $24.99/mo. I opted for the no new contract and in 6 months will probably just call them back and see if it's time to switch to Simplisafe or not. Not life changing money, but worth a 5 minute phone call.

Note they offered $34.99/mo at first. Then $29.99 with a 5 year contract (lulz, no). Then $24.99 with a 5 year contract (lulz, still no). Then $24.99 with a 2 year contract. Then the 6 month promotion and $29.99 with no contract.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I have a dual alarm system.
    902cef820f47302d6955d7729b7b5030.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why wouldn't you call alarm relay for $8.95 a month?

I don't have a landline phone, nor a voice over IP service. I would also not rely on an alarm that's useless if someone cuts my phone/cable line. Tack on cell monitoring and they are $24/mo...the same price as ADT's contract price. Add in that ADT will service the equipment for free, while Alarm Relay won't do any house calls or repair hardware failures.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    BBI, I do a similar thing with XM radio. I call and cancel every 6 months. They ask me why and I say it's too much. They offer me another 6 months for $30. I say "okay" and set a calendar reminder 2 days shy of 6 months.

I have been doing this for 5 years at least but the last time they up sold me. They offered a full year for $72 and I bit. Those greedy profiteers! :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI, I do a similar thing with XM radio. I call and cancel every 6 months. They ask me why and I say it's too much. They offer me another 6 months for $30. I say "okay" and set a calendar reminder 2 days shy of 6 months.

I have been doing this for 5 years at least but the last time they up sold me. They offered a full year for $72 and I bit. Those greedy profiteers! :):

I've been doing it with Comcast for a long time. Not sure why it took me awhile to do the same thing with the alarm. I should probably try and beat down my cell phone, too, although I'm probably switching my wife to Comcast. It's free if you have other services and don't need data, but I can't transfer my Android over. Her Apple will, though.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've been doing it with Comcast for a long time. Not sure why it took me awhile to do the same thing with the alarm. I should probably try and beat down my cell phone, too, although I'm probably switching my wife to Comcast. It's free if you have other services and don't need data, but I can't transfer my Android over. Her Apple will, though.

Nice. Comcast finally put there foot down with me and wouldn't budge. So when my contract was up I cancelled. They made zero attempt to retain me. I now just have Netflix.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nice. Comcast finally put there foot down with me and wouldn't budge. So when my contract was up I cancelled. They made zero attempt to retain me. I now just have Netflix.

I use them for Internet. I didn't have cable TV for years, but I just got it again a few weeks ago. The bundle was cheaper then they would go on Internet alone.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Land line alarms lose a lot of their protection during storms. I couldn't begin to count the number of break in problems at my old employers facility when a thunderstorm would roll through Indy at night. Lines cut at the boxes and then the thieves had free access all night. I remember the ADT rep telling me they would move the box to the roof, I asked how that would stop thieves with a ladder. He just shrugged.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Land line alarms lose a lot of their protection during storms. I couldn't begin to count the number of break in problems at my old employers facility when a thunderstorm would roll through Indy at night. Lines cut at the boxes and then the thieves had free access all night. I remember the ADT rep telling me they would move the box to the roof, I asked how that would stop thieves with a ladder. He just shrugged.

I've had several residential burglaries over the years with cut lines. Even houses without alarms or signs, they'd cut them just to be sure. Without a battery and cellular backup, alarms lose a lot of their utility IMO.

Top Bottom