• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I found these two items on my computer list.
    Window 7, I opened Documents, in the command line reads, Libraries - documents-
    There is a folder titled "any Video Converter", "Wondershare" and "Wondershare Filmora" .
    I right click and open the properties.
    It gives me no more information about who orwhat they are about.

Anyone have an idea what they are and if I can just delete it.

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    Google is your friend .. but the answer is "A free video converter often downloaded to compress movies to play on an iPad or iPhone" Filmora its self is an actual editor but often offered as an evaluation.

Short - someone was using your computer to make a home video OR make movies portable most likely.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I never use google to look up thing.
    When Google was first offered.
    It wanted a lot of personal information.

I have been looking for a simple video editing program.
    I did have a very nice one.
    When I took my laptop to have the monitor screen repaired.
    The _SShole deleted several programs and installed pay per year programs.
    I had a simple editing program.
    I would scan my video until I came upon unwanted video. I would tap the cut. It would break the video. I would scan to the end of the unwanted and again hit cut.
    Then I would hit delete and it was gone. Then I would drag the wanted saved video and it would splice the sections. I could do this as many times as needed.
    The program he installed wanted about $100.00 a year.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I use Google all the time. It has never asked me for personal information. The only information it wants is whatever I'm searching for. :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sounds like a DVD ripper or some such.

You don't need a Google account to google.

..or just use the search engine of your choice. I always liked Lycos or AltaVista.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I never use google to look up thing.
    When Google was first offered.
    It wanted a lot of personal information.

I have been looking for a simple video editing program.
    I did have a very nice one.
    When I took my laptop to have the monitor screen repaired.
    The _SShole deleted several programs and installed pay per year programs.
    I had a simple editing program.
    I would scan my video until I cam upon unwanted video. I would tap the cut. It would break the video. I would scan to the end of the unwanted and again hit cut.
    Then I would hit delete and it was gone. Then I would drag the wanted saved video and it would splice the sections. I could do this as many times as needed.
    The program he installed wanted about $100.00 a year.
    Are you going to listen to our advice this time or continue to tell us how things should be?

Google does not ask for personal info, it uses info it can gain from your interactions with its services like search. There are also plenty of options of varying quality. Duck Duck Go is popular among IT professionals who don't like Google's practices.

If you're paying for a piece of software on a yearly basis, then the original installation media is superfluous. Reach out to their support and they should give you the current installation media.

At this point there are lots of free video editors. You would likely need to search for them and try a few to see which one fills your need the best. I recently read some good reviews about DaVinci Resolve but it did not fill the need I had.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I found these two items on my computer list.
    Window 7, I opened Documents, in the command line reads, Libraries - documents-
    There is a folder titled "any Video Converter", "Wondershare" and "Wondershare Filmora" .
    I right click and open the properties.
    It gives me no more information about who orwhat they are about.

Anyone have an idea what they are and if I can just delete it.

I don't even know why you come here looking for answers to computer questions. Because any time someone gives you an answer, you get argumentative and wont listen.

Go google it. Take it to the guy who you claim screwed up your computer. Quit wasting our time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    First of when every you see a thread from "Spike Jones 5 2002" turn off your computer and go bury your keyboard.
    People read into things I never wrote and them question why I wrote that.

Hoosierdood You can not give me an intelligent reason for your comment form what you quoted me asking.
    Looking at your picture is a very good reason I do not take your advice.

Same for "jkaetz". I just wrote about what I had and what I am looking for. You two opened up my thread.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Delete the files, then reboot.

None of those files should impact the operating system or prohibit you from otherwise using your computer.

Good luck.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    NO! You made a lot of crude comments about thing I did not ask or write about.
    Apologies, I was apparently confused. You noted that you don't like Google's methods, I wanted to offer you an alternative that a lot of IT professionals use for the same reason. You were also talking about video editing programs. I wanted to let you know that if you were paying for it the company should freely send you a new copy. Also if you wanted a free one I offered an alternative.

You don't seem to need my assistance so I shall show myself out.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I asked this on the last thread. I have to ask it in this. And I will inevitably ask in his next thread.

Is this guy putting us on?
    I feel like any minute now he going to be the next "mall ninja" or "my son is a hacker"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This member just does not play well with others.
    New user title.

If he opens another like this when he returns to the play ground it will not end well for him. So much good advice has been shared.

Top Bottom