• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    My movers broken a vintage Vanity Mirror and the little plastic type clips that hold the mirror to the frame. They dont make this style any more and I'd like to reproduce the exact looking piece. 6 in all. I think its too small a job for professional 3D companies and I was hoping to pay a fellow INGO member a $20 or so to print me off 6. If that's possible. I really dont know the cost of 3D printing small items.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That looks totally doable. Is this a visual part or is it hidden? Can you post a pic of one of them mounted in use?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Man that was quick for the mock up.

Part seems easy enough for any of us to print for you.

It's a pretty simple part. I would be glad to finish up the file and send it to one of you guys that might be closer to him. I only need a few more dimensions to finish it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thank you. Is there any way to add the lip ridge around the outer side?

This is the only one that survived the move
    View attachment 70536

I can do that. I will play with the design a bit. Can you tell me the diameter of the screw hole and the counter sink. And the distance from the center of the hole to the inside L on the bracket.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am going to guess that those were originally made with clear cellulose. A early plastic. They probably originally had a slight yellow look.

Do you see something that looks like amber or does it have a red or brown tint. If it looks amber it would have probably started out as clear (yellowish). I have seen the color on a lot of antique radios.

Do you have a guess or a preference for the color. I'd store the one you have and use the new ones to replace them all.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    I actually only need 3. The bottom 3 are completely different design, they just have the same style "head". The color I would like to match as close as possible to the current color, since I am not replacing the bottom 3. So its a semi-transparent rosy/brown. But a solid brown is fine because the upper 3 will all be the same at that point.

Here is a quick paint drawing I made.

hanger7.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I actually only need 3. The bottom 3 are completely different design, they just have the same style "head". The color I would like to match as close as possible to the current color, since I am not replacing the bottom 3. So its a semi-transparent rosy/brown. But a solid brown is fine because the upper 3 will all be the same at that point.

Here is a quick paint drawing I made.

View attachment 70568

Thanks. I will draw it up this evening. I do not know of a translucent brown. I have clear that you might be able to stain with walnut. Not sure if it would work.

Knight rider, what color media do you have on hand?

i will print a few of these to see how well they print.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Here is a test print. It was done in PLA that I happened to have loaded. I absolutely can not break it by hand.

Does that look ok? I also have not cleaned the print up yet. And I don't know if you can afford these. It's like .09 cents per bracket. lol

Larry

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    Here is a test print. It was done in PLA that I happened to have loaded. I absolutely can not break it by hand.

Does that look ok? I also have not cleaned the print up yet. And I don't know if you can afford these. It's like .09 cents per bracket. lol

Larry

Those look awesome and I will spring for the brown paint as well... high roller here...LOL

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Those look awesome and I will spring for the brown paint as well... high roller here...LOL

LOL, I just ordered some brown. It will be here mid week. I also got some clear transparent. I am going to see if I can dye it to look like amber.

If Kight Rider or anyone close wants to print these local I will send them the file.

If I end up printing these I will make several spares for you. So they look pretty close?

Larry

Top Bottom