• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    One of the greatest things about INGO is the diverse community. So it's the anybody in here familiar with spiders? I'd like to know what this one is. He or she lives on my porch and there is another, smaller one also. This one is about the size of a quarter, including legs, and the other about the size of a nickel. Both do pretty extravagant web work and have an affinity for my door frames. I've left them alone for a long time because I can sit on my porch without being pestered by other bugs, presumably due to their presence. So am I good, or do they need to go?

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Because I share my porch with NO bug.

GUEST_1c120c61-bde9-45bf-8100-e8958af34fbf

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Ruffnek, that is a female Orb weaving spider. Let it be, they’re absolutely harmless, but provide terrific benefits. Aside from their magnificent webs, all they do is set up in high bug traffic areas, and do you the favor of getting rid of the pests. We got them ALL the time during the Fall at my parents house, and I always told me parents to leave them be. Super handy, and great spiders to have out the front door

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I agree with most people here, leave it be. It won't hurt you and even if it did, it won't be a dangerous bite. They do eat a ton of bugs and make a bunch of spider poop.

Top Bottom