Active shooter at Merrillville Walmart??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    At least one adult and one child shot from what I have seen. I also saw a report that at least one suspect was in custody.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don’t know anything more about this than what is stated above.

What I do know is this- I am in my 20th year of practicing law in NWI and over the years, I and numerous of my colleagues have worked on civil cases that involve criminal activity at that Wal Mart many, many times. When I was brand new, it was a shoplifter who then hung himself at the Hobart City jail. Since then, several cases involving muggings, “excessive force” during arrests, robberies, etc., etc., etc. Now, that’s just the cases that exult in a civil unit. I imagine that is well under 2% of the criminal activity going on.

That being said, it’s like everywhere where this stuff goes on- I’ve gone there numerous times during the daylight hours and I’ve never perceived anything amiss. But when the sun goes down on a weekend....

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I’m shocked I tell you!

Police: Shooting at Hobart Walmart likely gang-related; FBI to take over investigation
    http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_61553884-9b8f-5a75-a0ff-e01846c6254f.html

pr.png

Top Bottom