Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What the??!!

The explosion happened around 10:45 p.m. in the roadway median at East Washington Street and Campbell Avenue.

A man driving through the area in a vehicle equipped with a dashcam captured the detonation on video.
    The man was uninjured. His car was covered by mud from the blast, but it was otherwise undamaged.

Residents as far as 20 blocks away reported hearing the boom and feeling their homes shake.

There is a large hole in the median where the device was located.
    IMPD says their Explosive Ordnance Disposal unit is conducting an investigation.

https://fox59.com/2018/10/04/irvington-rocked-by-mysterious-explosion/

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    See this is what I'm always looking for when I drive see!! Proof :):
    my guess is a underground ruptured gas line. But I'm making this super intelligent professional opinionated response from my couch with no pants on , so take it for what it's worth;)

Buuuut you would think the real professionals would have been able to immediately asses this and no need or call for EOD would have been made. So theres probably more to this

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    See this is what I'm always looking for when I drive see!! Proof :):
    my guess is a underground ruptured gas line. But I'm making this super intelligent professional opinionated response from my couch with no pants on , so take it for what it's worth;)

Buuuut you would think the real professionals would have been able to immediately asses this and no need or call for EOD would have been made. So theres probably more to this
    Would there be a gas main in the median? Guess they could be anywhere.

Quick reference: IED? Call EOD. IUD? Call GYN. That is all.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Quite the coincidence, but one report said there was someone driving by with a dash cam at the exact moment of the explosion and got it on film.

The exact moment.

On film.

Quite the coincidence.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Quite the coincidence, but one report said there was someone driving by with a dash cam ..

The exact moment.

On film.

Quite the coincidence.

That is an amazing coincidence, since dash cams generally tend to be digital, not film-based. :)

Or maybe you're of a certain age...

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Quite the coincidence, but one report said there was someone driving by with a dash cam at the exact moment of the explosion and got it on film.

The exact moment.

On film.

Quite the coincidence.

I worked a fatal hit and run crash two years ago and it was solved because the next guy in traffic behind the victim had a dash cam.
    My shift partner was in a very bad crash 6 months ago or so and the how/what/why was answered because a guy on the opposite side of the intersection had a dash cam.

They are probably more prolific than you think.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co

The exact moment.

On film.

Quite the coincidence.

I used to live by Twin Aire (still own the house if anyone is interested in buying a rental, anyone, anyone?) and can safely say Washington St is a busy road at all times of day.

Top Bottom