Any INGO member/plumbers near NE Hamilton Co?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm gonna have to have a plumber come in and figure out what's going on with my water pressure. I have three outdoor hydrants which seem to push 10gal/min but if you flush a toiled and try to brush your teeth before the tank has refilled it's gonna take awhile. I just took a shower not realizing my wife had clothes in the washing machine and I'm not sure I used a gallon of water in the 20 minutes I stood in there like an idiot. I prefer giving money to INGO members whenever possible so I wanted to check here first.

If we don't have any member/plumbers I'll take recommendations as well. I also have two propane line projects I need completed.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I am not a plumber but I moved to the country a while back and went through some of the same things. If you have good pressure outside but not in your house I would take a hard look at your water softener. Put it on bypass and see if things are much better inside. Make sure you are filling that thing with salt regularly. Good luck sir. :twocents:

Edit: You might also check to see if you have a whole house filter somewhere in the line. That might need changed and be slowing up the works.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks for the advice. I put the softener on bypass and didn't see any difference. I have a whole house filter but it's only been installed for two months, I wouldn't think it would need changed already?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Thanks for the advice. I put the softener on bypass and didn't see any difference. I have a whole house filter but it's only been installed for two months, I wouldn't think it would need changed already?

Whole house filters should last more than two months. Providing there was not anything done to stir up sediment in the well or the lines I am kind of out of ideas on this one. It is odd that you have good pressure outside but not in the house.

putsjunior

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Suburma
    If you have a well, check the filter. The ground water in this area has a higher iron content than most places. Filters tend to last less than normal. Your household plumbing could be clogging. Depending on the age and material of your plumbing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Houston, I think we've found our problem.....

gsaS79jh.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    SOB I hope that filled up that quickly because the well hadn't been used regularly in over a year. Those filters are $50ea.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    SOB I hope that filled up that quickly because the well hadn't been used regularly in over a year. Those filters are $50ea.

I am not sure what brand mine is but there are fancy filters with activated charcoal available for 50 bucks and then there are also lower end filters with just the white filter material that run 10-15 bucks also available. Not sure if yours would be the same way or not. I bought the expensive one the first time and then the cheap ones afterward and didn't notice any difference.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember this from the old house and it cleared up after a few filters, but I don't remember them being that expensive.

Top Bottom