• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just watching 16 Blocks.

Bruce Willis shoots assassin and the next 2 seconds the steady can rotates around him, arms fully extended and pistol locked back after 1 round

Peacemaker.

Clowny forces his pistol through bullet proof glass and fires at aggressors while pistol is out of battery.

Blood Work.

Deputy Sheriff fires at vehicle and pistol locks back after I think 5 rounds.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'd have to look for specific examples, but two I've seen (rather, heard) lately:

1) the sound of spent brass casing hitting the floor after each shot.... from a revolver.

2) The sound of "racking the slide" two or three times during a scene, yet no rounds are ejected.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Cite, for the first one please.

The second is so common, it is hardly worth mentioning. However I saw an episode of Gun Smoke where in an early scene a girl grabbed a lever action off the wall and cocked it. In a later scene she did it again and a round ejected. It made me smile.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    The second Young Guns movie-Billy is going to shoot the manacles off of Doc-1st view has front site, 2nd view has none. Or vise versa, can't remember which way.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The famous AR 7 Sniper rifle for those long distance kills.....James Bond from Russia with Love....

9k=
    600px-GW397H299.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Cite, for the first one please.

The second is so common, it is hardly worth mentioning. However I saw an episode of Gun Smoke where in an early scene a girl grabbed a lever action off the wall and cocked it. In a later scene she did it again and a round ejected. It made me smile.
    The first thing that comes to mind is not a movie: The Walking Dead. When Andrea offs herself with Rick's revolver, there is an OBVIOUS sound of empty brass hitting the ground.
    [video=youtube_share;VkzU4GDuBtw]http://youtu.be/VkzU4GDuBtw[/video]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I love watching several hundred rounds being fired in succession without reloading. Especially cool when they're shooting revolvers, we always referred to those as "John Wayne Guns"!:ar15:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have seen a lot of westerns where they fired five rounds and had to reload and a couple where they fired six and reloaded.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Was watching Nicolas Cage's movie, Next, a couple of weeks ago, and there's a scene where the female FBI agent is practicing at the bureau's indoor range when her partner walks up, all cool like, no ear protection, like, you know, it's not PAINFULLY LOUD or anything to shoot on an indoor range!

She then removes her ear pro, engages in some witty banter, then bangs off a few more rounds with her ear pro off - because you know, it's not PAINFULLY LOUD or anything.

Obviously they're not using live rounds and the fire and sound effects were added later.

Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville
    Last Man Standing. I mean I love a 1911, but sheesh.

[video=youtube;wlNTm7Tk_V8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlNTm7Tk_V8[/video]

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Another Walking Dead sin... a four shot pump with unlimited ammo and no recoil.

[video=youtube;Hp0hcqWNjjE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp0hcqWNjjE[/video]

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    This is in SOOOOOOO many movies and TV shows, I cannot count the error of Hollywood's ways.....

Someone is holding a Glock on a bad guy. Good guy makes some sort of dramatic or witty comment. Then proceeds to "cock" (with hammer cocking sounds included) the Glock pistol because they want us all to know they really mean business.

I cannot contain myself. I always lean to my wife and say "you can't do that".

What is truly funny, my wife is experienced enough now that when she sees dumb stuff in movies, she says something like "you can't do that....can you?". I am so proud!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In Deadwood, Bullock and Wild Bill shoot a man on a horse who clearly has an open top Colt in his hand. When he falls and dies on the ground he has a Remington 1858 in his same hand, clearly visible by the top strap.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom