• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    I doubt many of you have been following this but since my wife works for CVS it is extremely interesting to me.

CVS has been approved by Federal regulators to purchase Aetna Insurance Group with the only stipulation being they have to sell of Aetna's Medicare Part D business off.

What this means is that CVS will likely be looking to turn their stores from a retail store setting into medical clinics. This should result in a lot of additional revenue in profit. Their stock should be significantly higher in the next few years as they start to transform their business model.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It will be interesting. It has the possibility to save a lot of $$$ for patients. Forcing them to save money on scripts may decrease premiums

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have Aetna insurance. Got a letter from them last year saying that CVS was their preferred Pharmacy. And they dropped paying for several of my meds. What BS.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have Aetna insurance. Got a letter from them last year saying that CVS was their preferred Pharmacy. And they dropped paying for several of my meds. What BS.

my blue cross/blue shield makes me go there too, I cant complain I pay less for 3 months of meds than I did for 1 month from walmart pharmacy , plus last time I picked up my meds, in the yard of receipts was a coupon for 5 dollars off any purchase so my daughter bought 3 12 packs of pepsi for like 5 bucks

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    This is basically the plan CVS laid out when they stopped selling tobacco products. I bought into the stock then.

CVS made a big deal about peoples health when they stopped selling tobacco products, but I noticed they still sell a lot of alcohol- the drinking kind. Sort of hypocritical approach.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    my blue cross/blue shield makes me go there too, I cant complain I pay less for 3 months of meds than I did for 1 month from walmart pharmacy , plus last time I picked up my meds, in the yard of receipts was a coupon for 5 dollars off any purchase so my daughter bought 3 12 packs of pepsi for like 5 bucks

I use to use Walmart's pharmacy. I had a run it with a smart ass employee. I switched to Walgreen's. Most of my meds were 50-60% cheaper. I have a good relation ship with the pharmacy I go to. When I told them that Aetna wanted me to change they upped there game by taking time to find me coupon prices on most of my meds.

I hate change. This pharmacy is basically around the corner. So far I have stayed there. The closest CVS is 5-6 miles away. Not as convenient. Plus Walgreens does have a rewards card.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I use to use Walmart's pharmacy. I had a run it with a smart ass employee. I switched to Walgreen's. Most of my meds were 50-60% cheaper. I have a good relation ship with the pharmacy I go to. When I told them that Aetna wanted me to change they upped there game by taking time to find me coupon prices on most of my meds.

I hate change. This pharmacy is basically around the corner. So far I have stayed there. The closest CVS is 5-6 miles away. Not as convenient. Plus Walgreens does have a rewards card.

luckily for me cvs is just a few blocks away, the Walmart pharmacy I used is was closer than that, but if it wasn't for the hassle of getting new scripts, I could use the cvs mail order pharmacy, and have the sent to my house, 3 months at a time with free shipping and I only pay for 2 months (the third month is free), but I despise online sales, and I'd have to go to the dr and gat 3 month refill scripts

Top Bottom