Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 7,222 Days

User Info Menu

congrats on retirement! remember a bad day at home is better than a good day at work!!!!!

rest, relax, travel, enjoy time with the fam, and most of all...shoot guns at targets or 4 legged animals (now that you don't have to shoot the 2 legged kind that shoot back!)

get back into gunsmithing, (if you get bored in retirement and want something to do) but most of all dont stop living! rather than become a couch potato waiting for the end!, if you get a part time job, make sure it's something you enjoy!, (you had enough stress being a leo)

my dad was my best shooting buddy!, he retired about 8 months after my mom passed, and for about 3 years he was active, then he slowed down, and now I couldn't get him out of the house to save his life, I talked to him last month on his birthday, and made the comment that the last time we made it to the range was a year ago! (we went on his birthday we went shooting then I took him to lunch).

I know a few retired people (not police) and every time I see them I ask "how are enjoying your retirement?"...and honestly not one say's I hate it, one even says "it gets better every day!" with a smile on his face!

once again a big congrats!
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    I've been asked to but unfortunately I don't have a facility to use. Maybe some day.
    First off, congrats and thanks! Major life milestone.

I'm replying with quote to "bump" this thought so it gets more exposure. Hmmm, if only there were already established training groups/businesses on INGO that could add you to their faculty to teach and/instruct on topics... Seems like that would make it a lot easier for you to try out the waters. You have a certain set of skills the fine folks of the gun community would love to apply to many aspects of civilian shooting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    I've been asked to but unfortunately I don't have a facility to use. Maybe some day.
    Any facility with half a brain cell between the owners ears will be inviting you to teach there.
    Justin B. - "Make them watch Wonder Woman. They'll molon labe after that!"

Geek in Paradise!

User Info Menu

Let me add my congratulations to the others. I've never know you to do anything "halfway" so I imagine you'll do this transition with similar focus and gusto!

User Info Menu

Congrats and thank you.

If you "retire" like churchmouse you'll be busier now than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shootersix View Post

get back into gunsmithing, (if you get bored in retirement and want something to do)
    Stipple that plastic, son! :-D
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

Been there brother. I wish you all the best in your future.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NHT3 View Post
    It's not hard to find a venue to teach and Lord knows there's a demand for it. So many people know so little and believe they know so much.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright
    Agreed on this. Phylo, with your credentials, you should be able to become an instructor just about anywhere you would want to, I'd think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Thanks for your years of dedication. It takes a special human being to do what you did, for as long as you have. We are all indebted to you. It's a debt that can never really be repaid but my sincerest thanks for your service. I wish you all the very best that life has to offer.

God bless you phylodog.
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

User Info Menu

Many thanks for all of the kind words. I really enjoy teaching, perhaps some day an opportunity will arise.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast