• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My career ended today. It lasted 7,222 days, 4,466 less than it was supposed to. Just shy of 20yrs has been hard on the body and four orthopedic surgeons, one medical doctor and our pension board unanimously agreed that it was time for me to go. I'm not complaining, it was one hell of a ride and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. I figure I've posted enough, and enough members know of my background that I should mention it here. This is gonna take some getting used to....

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Congrats? Either way, good luck and god bless you in your future endeavors. From what I've seen here, you are getting settled into something great!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would like to say congrats, and I hope you feel that it's best.

I was retired by a company buy out, but picked up part time work after a few years doing the same thing. It's been rewarding so far.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    As a relative noobie here, I'm curious what was your profession. And I wish you luck in retirement. My dad retired in '92 from ironworking, bought 130 acres down south, and has enjoyed his retirement. He's 88 this year, and still getting around pretty good.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    As a relative noobie here, I'm curious what was your profession. And I wish you luck in retirement. My dad retired in '92 from ironworking, bought 130 acres down south, and has enjoyed his retirement. He's 88 this year, and still getting around pretty good.

Keeper of the peace. (I believe ).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I began my career with the Marion County Sheriff's Department and ended it with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. I spent 15 years as a Sergeant, 12 years on SWAT, 3 years orking undercover, a couple years wirking with the FBI and 10 years working with an amazingly dedicated group of men and women at the Firearms Training Section.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Better to have bought the farm literally now than risk "buying the farm" due to the job beating you down. I am sure the world is a little safer for your efforts and you've earned a rest.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Emus. He needs emus!:rockwoot:

I fully support any type of majestic and whimsical farm animal for retired peoples. A person can make a pretty solid living on alpacas though. My landlords when I lived out in Washington rake it in with alpacas... Cuddle them, shave them, breed them repeat...

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Congrats on surviving in mostly one piece. Do you teach in the civvy world too? If not do you plan to? Sounds like you have a ton of good things to pass on to folks.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I've been asked to but unfortunately I don't have a facility to use. Maybe some day.
    It's not hard to find a venue to teach and Lord knows there's a demand for it. So many people know so little and believe they know so much.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Phylo, I'm happy and sad for you, and I'm sure it's very bittersweet for you. We have only met once, but we know a lot of the same people. People that I would trust with my life, say the same about you. I wish you the best, and thank you for all that you have done, and given of yourself.

Top Bottom