Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 7,222 Days

User Info Menu

7,222 Days

My career ended today. It lasted 7,222 days, 4,466 less than it was supposed to. Just shy of 20yrs has been hard on the body and four orthopedic surgeons, one medical doctor and our pension board unanimously agreed that it was time for me to go. I'm not complaining, it was one hell of a ride and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. I figure I've posted enough, and enough members know of my background that I should mention it here. This is gonna take some getting used to....
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

Congrats? Either way, good luck and god bless you in your future endeavors. From what I've seen here, you are getting settled into something great!
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

Best wishes!

User Info Menu

I would like to say congrats, and I hope you feel that it's best.

I was retired by a company buy out, but picked up part time work after a few years doing the same thing. It's been rewarding so far.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Time for some alpaca's on that ranch

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

As a relative noobie here, I'm curious what was your profession. And I wish you luck in retirement. My dad retired in '92 from ironworking, bought 130 acres down south, and has enjoyed his retirement. He's 88 this year, and still getting around pretty good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    Time for some alpaca's on that ranch
    Emus. He needs emus!
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
    As a relative noobie here, I'm curious what was your profession. And I wish you luck in retirement. My dad retired in '92 from ironworking, bought 130 acres down south, and has enjoyed his retirement. He's 88 this year, and still getting around pretty good.
    Keeper of the peace. (I believe ).
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
    I began my career with the Marion County Sheriff's Department and ended it with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. I spent 15 years as a Sergeant, 12 years on SWAT, 3 years orking undercover, a couple years wirking with the FBI and 10 years working with an amazingly dedicated group of men and women at the Firearms Training Section.
    Last edited by phylodog; 10-11-2018 at 19:17.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

Congratulations and sincere thanks for your service.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast