• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The book by DR. Jason Fung on Diabetes. Has anyone seen or read the book I heard about it from a lady at work who was telling me to get and read it. Received the book on Saturday and was skimming thru the book and it sound interesting with me a type 2 and a grand daughter a type 1. Hope this will be a new chapter in my fight to get better.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Over the last 25+ years I've read everything that concerns reversing and controlling diabetes. There are some things that can't be reversed such as what your pancreas produces over time. I exercise and have followed a strict diet, but still needed oral medications to keep my A1C in a safe range. This year, even with oral meds, my A1C has been on the rise so as of two weeks ago my doctor had me stop the oral meds and started me on Xultophy. I am still in the period of keeping close track of my sugar and calling the readings in to the doctor every two days so she can keep adjusting my Xultophy units to where my readings are steady and within the proper range. So far the transition is going faster than I expected and I am getting good readings.
    I wish you the best in your quest in controlling your diabetes and your granddaughter.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Over the last 25+ years I've read everything that concerns reversing and controlling diabetes. There are some things that can't be reversed such as what your pancreas produces over time. I exercise and have followed a strict diet, but still needed oral medications to keep my A1C in a safe range. This year, even with oral meds, my A1C has been on the rise so as of two weeks ago my doctor had me stop the oral meds and started me on Xultophy. I am still in the period of keeping close track of my sugar and calling the readings in to the doctor every two days so she can keep adjusting my Xultophy units to where my readings are steady and within the proper range. So far the transition is going faster than I expected and I am getting good readings.
    I wish you the best in your quest in controlling your diabetes and your granddaughter.

Your doctor is going to be the death of you. Flat out, no bull****e. Ditch the witch, go watch Jason Fung's videos. Type 2 Diabetes IS REVERSIBLE. I have witnessed it twice, first hand. My wife took 2 WEEKS to get off insulin. Two. Quit buying (literally) into information meant to keep you sick and sell you drugs.

OP, no I have not read it but I have watched every second of video I can find of him. Also Dr, Sarah Halberg who runs a clinic here in Indiana, in Lafayette. Type 1 is a whole other ball of wax though and I do not think Fung or Halberg are gonna help with that.

[video=youtube;da1vvigy5tQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1vvigy5tQ[/video]

Last edited:

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Your doctor is going to be the death of you. Flat out, no bull****e. Ditch the witch, go watch Jason Fung's videos. Type 2 Diabetes IS REVERSIBLE. I have witnessed it twice, first hand. My wife took 2 WEEKS to get off insulin. Two. Quit buying (literally) into information meant to keep you sick and sell you drugs.

Dr. Fung treats obese patients with severe calorie restrictions to try to reverse Type 2 diabetes. I am neither obese or sedentary. I lead a very active life. You owe the OP an apology for spreading false medical information in a serious thread.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    There are very healthy people who deveolp type 2 diabetes also. This couple was very active, running marathons active. They started developing type 2. It turns out their bodys didn't like all of the carbs they were eating. They switched their diet to low carb/high fat a rowed a boat from San Francisco to Hawaii.

Low carb works on almost all type 2 diabetes, obese or otherwise.

Fat Chance Row

Sugar ? Fat Chance Row

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hey I'll try anything. My doctors wont let me do any excercise that's not in a pool. I've lost 50 pounds from my new years resolution till now. I'd like another 20 or 30. If I can get rid of the type 2 diabetes and taking pills from it and insulin as well as extra weight loss then I'll be very happy.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Dr. Fung treats obese patients with severe calorie restrictions to try to reverse Type 2 diabetes. I am neither obese or sedentary. I lead a very active life. You owe the OP an apology for spreading false medical information in a serious thread.

Lol, why would I apologize to him when it was YOU I was talking to? But ignore me. It's your slow death, not mine. And your comment makes it very obvious that you know very little about what Dr. Fung does and does not do.

Top Bottom